Bronco Raptor Hits the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports | Power Numbers Inside!!!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
On a stock power plant and same fuel, I don’t see how one tuner would be significantly higher without increasing risk.
Livernois has worked with Ford on the Ecoboost from the beginning.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, just saying tuning is fairly basic when you’re talking max power if fuel and hard parts are the same.
Now the trans and driveability, that’s a different story.
I’m not well versed in Ecoboost tuning options but I’ll look at ZFG.
I’ve always like your sleepers and those Hot Rod Lincolns! Hope to add a tuned Aviator soon.
-J
You are correct LMS has worked with Ford on EcoBoosts from the start and were THE #1 option and all you had to do was load a tune. No datalogging or anything and they could run with/beat the guy tuned by XXX that had 10+ revisions. LMS is great if you want to simply toss a tune on and forget about it. I'm on an Aviator FB group and there is a guy with an E30 tuned Aviator running upper 12's.

As time went by, more and more people got into the game and perfected their own tunes to where they were actually making more power, better shifting and everything in-between. If you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, pick someone other than LMS.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sure sounds like user error to me.
-J

It's seriously an issue in any Ford with a 10R transmission and skip shifting. I've noted it in my reviews. What happens is you're rolling at about 3-5 MPH, the trans shifts from 1-3, you get on the throttle (where there's plenty of lag present), the trans tries to figure out what to do, all the while you're trying to accelerate with no boost in too tall of a gear. IMO, it's a safety issue created by tuning for maximum fuel economy.

Thankfully, the BRaptor doesn't have skip shift even in Normal mode.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
On a stock power plant and same fuel, I don’t see how one tuner would be significantly higher without increasing risk.
Livernois has worked with Ford on the Ecoboost from the beginning.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, just saying tuning is fairly basic when you’re talking max power if fuel and hard parts are the same.
Now the trans and driveability, that’s a different story.
I’m not well versed in Ecoboost tuning options but I’ll look at ZFG.
I’ve always like your sleepers and those Hot Rod Lincolns! Hope to add a tuned Aviator soon.
-J
This right here. Looking the the ExST, most dyno charts are similar fuel for fuel (93, E50, or E85). But drivability, transmission tuning, and actual time slips, no one is close to ZFG, at least for the ExST. He makes it so people actually enjoy using the 10R trans other than at WOT.

He also has been helpful in testing the various intercoolers, downpipes, and intakes slowly coming on the market and showing data on the differences.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It's seriously an issue in any Ford with a 10R transmission and skip shifting. I've noted it in my reviews. What happens is you're rolling at about 3-5 MPH, the trans shifts from 1-3, you get on the throttle (where there's plenty of lag present), the trans tries to figure out what to do, all the while you're trying to accelerate with no boost in too tall of a gear. IMO, it's a safety issue created by tuning for maximum fuel economy.

Thankfully, the BRaptor doesn't have skip shift even in Normal mode.
Does keeping it in Sport mode make that issue go away?
-J

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This thing a dog under 3k rpm. 5.0L would have made this thing a beast. Too bad.

I think a lot that is not loading it enough to spool the turbos down low. Running in 7th gear would probably help. We have two more dyno sessions coming up in the next few days. We'll play with it a bit more then.
He’s negative on everything. I’d blow him off personally.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Wheelbase was just shy of getting to mount for a four wheel pull? I wonder how much more hp it would eat up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wheelbase was just shy of getting to mount for a four wheel pull? I wonder how much more hp it would eat up.

The dyno has variable length, the rollers can move. We may do a 4WD pull in the future, but the soft suspension fat sidewalls makes it a little trickier.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
He’s negative on everything. I’d blow him off personally.

He's partially not wrong, but there's legitimate reasons for why. I doubt a Gen 4 truck Coyote would outperform the 3.0 EcoBoost in this platform.

It'll be back on the dyno today for some more fun.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are currently trying to get into the Normal full size Bronco at the moment, it has an encrypted pcm just like the f150. We just need to crack the code and everything else will fall into place

Users who are viewing this thread