broken rear suspension parts

dicks 99 cobra

Established Member
Hey guys I just bought a set of new tires and decided to get the car aligned as well while the car was up on the lift I noticed that I broke my rear sway bar. I guess its because of the wheel hop I get when trying to launch. Has anyone broken theirs or has anyone replaced theirs? I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can tell me where I could get an aftermarket rear sway bar? thanks

SVECobraR

Established Member
yeah it does, we'll i'm pretty sure i know when i was doing my springs i removed it a sway bar but it might have been from the front. Anyway if i'm not mistaken eibach just started making sway bars for our cars and your should check kenny brown or maximummotorsports they might have something.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
yeah it does, we'll i'm pretty sure i know when i was doing my springs i removed it a sway bar but it might have been from the front. Anyway if i'm not mistaken eibach just started making sway bars for our cars and your should check kenny brown or maximummotorsports they might have something.

Nothing yet :(

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
your broke the sway bar itself? or the sway bar end link?
im not for sure but steeda may make one for you. but it will probably be thicker.
J

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah you can. I've seen it before on my buddies conv. 99 Cobra. He autocrossed all the time and it snapped in the middle of the bar.

First time I've heard about it on a IRS car. I know people on their 96-98's that have done it.

weird.

Matt

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
quick01snake said:
IRS has a rear swaybar? i don't remember ever seeing one....

I don't recall tearing apart a swaybar when I pulled the differential to do the gears in my IRS. The only end links I recall taking apart were the tie rods.

Is this a car that has been converted to a solid axle setup?

There is a bar near the front of the differential under the pinion flange where the driveshaft connects to the differential. I'm not sure what it is for, but it's not a sway bar.

Taz

Established Member
IRS rear anti-sway bar ...

rear_sb.jpg

dicks 99 cobra

Established Member
Well the sway bar did beak and not at the endlink. It broke about 3-4 in. from the endlink not only did it snap but it broke a complete piece off because the broken ends do not meet. It is missing a piece about 1/2 in in length. Thanks for the info guys, I went to ford and they told me that it would be $600 for a new one installed! That is a bit too steep for me. Also I'd rather not bother with the hollow stock sway bar if I could opt for a solid one I will.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
just so you know you can drive with out one.
did you check with steeda?

I would think you could get one from somewhere for around 200 and just install that puppy your self
J

Users who are viewing this thread