Broken Fan?

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Sitting there in the A/C waiting to go into work this morning I hear a pretty loud bang and then an ugly sound coming from the motor. Turns out its only when my fan comes on because the fan blades are hitting the radiator now. Im going to look into it when I get home, but has anyone ever heard anything like this before??

coolmanclyde

Established Member
Cooling fan bearing has most likely given out or your plastic fan is deteriorating and a blade is coming off. Try to take care of it before it damages your radiator.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Dont know if this has to do with the fan but I overheated today on the way home. Pulled over to find coolant leaking like one of my hoses came off. None of them did so I let it cool down, filled it with some coolant and drove the rest of the way home(not far) without any problems! Recently had a mechanic change out my oil cooler, so my question is...could they not have burped my car correctly? I did that once but it never spit all the coolant out like it did today? Still doesn't explain my fan problem but its a start. Im about ready to sell this damn car!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
You can't drive the car without a fan to cool it...........it will overheat

You broke the ring around the blades, most likely in the exact same spot as so many others.

There are multiple threads on it...

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
If fan is totally dead now, 50A fuse (underhood) will probably need replacing also.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Good call, thanks^^O'rielleys is gonna charge 200 bucks for the complete assembly minus the fuse so I think thats what im gonna do.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
You can't drive the car without a fan to cool it...........it will overheat

You broke the ring around the blades, most likely in the exact same spot as so many others.

There are multiple threads on it...

Yes, the ring is broken.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread