Broken Exhaust

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Hey guys,

I noticed that there's a rattle in the exhaust on about last Friday. I've been swamped with work and school, but finally got a chance to get under the truck (barely fit after the drop) and wiggle some stuff around. I was under the impression it was a heat shield on one of the cats or something but nope, I've already taken the shields off because they had broken welds (it's been that long). I'd hit the pipe and I could hear it, hold down the other shield by the cab and hit the pipe and still got the ugly sound. I've narrowed it down to the muffler, either a baffle broke or one of my damn nieces or nephews through a rock in there when I last visited.

It's MAC exhaust and I really like the sound. Anyone had this happen to them, the baffle I mean?

I've contacted MAC since they offer warranty and I don't think I've gone over their 50k mile warranty just yet. I'm not the original owner of the truck so I hope they still honor that. Or should I just spend double and go Bassani?

Thanks guys...back to the homework. :lol1:

TXSVT1

Established Member
same thing happened to mine about 1 month ago and it's driving me crazy lol I have 2 magna packs (don't know if that's what they are called) they are magna flows. I love the sound and I'am just gonna try and get the same ones.

SvtRacing

Established Member
I have bassani cat back and my exhaust done the samething. I went to the muffler shop he said it was a baffle broken inside muffler. He done something to the muffler and it went away for about two months, then i hit a bump and it came back. bassani told me since i didnt have the recipt they couldnt honor the mufflers. the last 6 or 8 months i havent heard it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread