Broke something in the rear need advice on upgrading.

Benchracer

Established Member
Well it finally happened. Something broke in the rear end this weekend at the track during my launch. I havent had a chance to see exactly what it was yet but looking to upgrade the rear for near future plans of making 1000rwhp. It will be a DD street car that sees the track at least once a month and would also like to do Texas mile events and possibly take it on a road course some day. I really dont want to lose any drivability or my abs. What do you guys suggest?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With an 8.8 the sky is pretty much the limit on what you can build. When you say track use, are you talking drag strip or road track?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
No doubt I need to build it but what route should I go? Details?
Moser doesn't sell their 8.8 package anymore it seems. But I'm sure there are plenty of places, including Moser, that would help you determine everything you need to get going.

Benchracer

Established Member

BUCKET

Established Member
Nah you got to ask which exhaust sounds best to get any responses around here

I know there are a few company's out that should offer bolt in options. Guy near me just did a monster rear end in his 11

Benchracer

Established Member
Nah you got to ask which exhaust sounds best to get any responses around here

I know there are a few company's out that should offer bolt in options. Guy near me just did a monster rear end in his 11

Lol. That seems to be the case. JPC and Beefcake are my usual go to guys but I looked and didnt see on their websites what I was looking for so I went ahead and ordered the parts on the link I posted from Lethal. I guess everyone can wait and see if it works out for me. Then they can tell the next guy that posts about breaking his diff., to ask me how it holds up.

I guess either nobody on here has beefed up their rear end, or they want to keep it a secret.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
In my experience when the diff clutches wear the side gears move away from the spider gears and increase the loads on those parts due to less tooth contact area.

If it was mine I'd replace the side and spider gears along with clutch packs and call it a day.

Benchracer

Established Member
In my experience when the diff clutches wear the side gears move away from the spider gears and increase the loads on those parts due to less tooth contact area.

If it was mine I'd replace the side and spider gears along with clutch packs and call it a day.

Thanks for the detailed response. thats the kind of post I was fishing for. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread