Votes: 2 40.0%
  • other?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Just for curiosity, what is the most common breaking point for the half shafts on our cars. I broke a drivers side splined shaft. broke at the outer joint.
35i2il3.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I broke the inner passenger side last month on a 2nd gear hit at the track on street tires. I just had the FTBR FT5001 kit installed and DSS level V axles

1wild-horse

Established Member
Boy this is going real slow. I know there are more broken axles out there. Mine broke on the 2nd visit to the track with the new Hoosiers. Made several passes on drag radials with no trouble. Kept stepping up the rpm on the launch and on the 3rd try BOOM! Didn't like 4500.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I have never broken an axle personally, but there have been many threads on it over the years. as I recall that looks like a common area to break them, as opposed to the actual cv joint itself.

were you having much wheelhop at the track with your drag radials? that will kill halfshafts in short order

1wild-horse

Established Member
Nope. Went through two sets, one season I was there most every night. The next year I switched to Hoosier Qtp's on a 15" wheel and made maybe 4 passes one Saturday night. The next Saturday I made 3 time trial passes and the third it let go at 4500. No biggie, shit breaks, just curious if that is where the majority of them break.

Users who are viewing this thread