Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plug (600hp+) BR-GR12-S or NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Anybody using these plugs in there 800-1000 hp crank 2013-14 Shelby GT500's. How well does your car run with them? Using a better plug other than these? Id like to hear your experiences.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I use to run NGK BR7EF plugs, on pump gas they worked great, but on E85 not so much, so I switched to Brisk GR12S plugs (don't run the YS). I noticed the throttle felt much more responsive and the car just overall ran better with the GR12S plugs, I definitely recommend them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I am running E85 in my 03 and feel that the TR7's run much smoother then the BR7's. Just ran both backto back last week.
I would like to try the Brisk, but need to research them.
I change my BR7 NGKs yearly with 0.24 gap.
The TR7s likely do run smoother but on high boost high power builds I prefer NON-projected tip plugs (BR non-projected or recessed tip compared to conventional projected tip like the TRs).
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I use to run NGK BR7EF plugs, on pump gas they worked great, but on E85 not so much, so I switched to Brisk GR12S plugs (don't run the YS). I noticed the throttle felt much more responsive and the car just overall ran better with the GR12S plugs, I definitely recommend them.
Been meaning to research these based on your results and that Cobra Jets come stock with Brisk.
I just wanted to see if they have a non-projected tip like my proven BR7EFs.
They take 1100rwhp and look good every change so it’s hard to change.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Ok, I’m sold.
Non-projected and heat range possibly closer to 8 on the NGK scale. They don’t have a BR8EF that I’d like to try.
I’ll try them before my October rental and report back.
Car recently made 1084rwhp on a soupy 93 degree (3000 DA in Dyno room) health check up. Previous was 1110rwhp sae but like my tuner said, it’s safe and pulled clean to 7500rpm so we only made 2 pulls.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

Ok, I’m sold.
Non-projected and heat range possibly closer to 8 on the NGK scale. They don’t have a BR8EF that I’d like to try.
Car recently made 1084rwhp on a soupy 93 degree (3000 DA in Dyno room) health check up. Previous was 1110rwhp sae but like my tuner said, it’s safe and pulled clean to 7500rpm so we only made 2 pulls.
-J
Based on your set up. It sounds like the BR-GR12S might just workout good in your car. I'm also in your camp for a non projected, lower heat range plug for a higher powered and boosted car. Right now I'm leaning towards GR12'S. Would definitely like to hear some feed back from you if you decide to give them a go! Unfortunately my car is already garaged for the remainder of the year till next spring so I wont beable to give them a try out on the street till than. But I think the BR- GR12S are going to run well in my setup!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

Ok, I’m sold.
-J
Hey biminilx,

Been talking to the folks over at brisk racing and received this email concerning best fit for my application. Being your putting down more power than me, I figure it probably will work for you if you decide to try them out. Not sure if your on e85 or pump gas. But from what I'm being told GR10S would be better for highly modified and higher boosted motors above 850 hp. The GR12S will work for modified and boosted motors up to and around 850 hp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-161914_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-161914_Email.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You running E85? Check this link out. FYI Those GR12S are only good to around 850hp

Yes I run E85 but I’m surprised they but a power level on it. Not sure what the NGK BR7s are ‘rated’ at but I’ve been wanting to try a colder 8 plug. E85 tends to tolerate a hotter plug. 23-24# and 1100rwhp should probably want a 9-10 plug but I drive it regularly on the street so 80% is out of boost and I’ve had success with the NGKs but always looking for better options.
I’ll let you know.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes I run E85 but I’m surprised they but a power level on it. Not sure what the NGK BR7s are ‘rated’ at but I’ve been wanting to try a colder 8 plug. E85 tends to tolerate a hotter plug. 23-24# and 1100rwhp should probably want a 9-10 plug but I drive it regularly on the street so 80% is out of boost and I’ve had success with the NGKs but always looking for better options.
I’ll let you know.
-J
Brisk recommended me the BR10S for a 900 hp crank car and your putting out around 1250 -1300. You probably would be better off than me with the BR10S. I'm thinkin I might just go with the BR12S. My reason is because I'm still running stock oem motorcraft plugs without any issues and I'm 238 hp over stock. I personally think I'm going to gain alittle more out of my setup with a plug rated 2x cooler than what I have now. I read article that said for every 75-100 horsepower over stock rating you should go with 1 step cooler plug. So the BR12S puts me right inline but the 10S would be alittle on the to cold side for me. Damn....decisions decisions lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep I agree for you to run the 12s.
For me the variable is the E85. I run pump E85 and then spike it with race E85 when I race or dyno just for safety.
It acts more like an alcohol motor in some ways like plugs, etc.
In my experience, say you’re at 900hp pump gas and I’m 1100hp E85. They both will likely tolerate the same plug. The E85 burns cooler and richer and will tolerate the hotter plug despite what the spark plug company basic rules of thumb may be.
I think your correct just like Steve @2011 gtcs is running.
Good luck.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep I agree for you to run the 12s.
For me the variable is the E85. I run pump E85 and then spike it with race E85 when I race or dyno just for safety.
It acts more like an alcohol motor in some ways like plugs, etc.
In my experience, say you’re at 900hp pump gas and I’m 1100hp E85. They both will likely tolerate the same plug. The E85 burns cooler and richer and will tolerate the hotter plug despite what the spark plug company basic rules of thumb may be.
I think your correct just like Steve @2011 gtcs is running.
Good luck.
-J
Very well put, I will continue to run GR12S plugs in my built engine, unless Lund suggests I change them back to the BR7EF.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very well put, I will continue to run GR12S plugs in my built engine, unless Lund suggests I change them back to the BR7EF.
Excellent, please let us know what they recommend
I have a buddy also waiting on the good cam cores. Hopefully you get them soon.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread