Brenspeed vs. BamaChips

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
This is like discussing which Intake is better...

Your going to get mixed responses. When I had my 06, I went with BAMAchips and loved them. Most of my buddies went with Brenspeed and were completely happy too.

Both are awesome and will give you great customer service.

THE_STIG

Established Member
They both cost about the same (~$20 difference), I was just wondering if there was a big difference between the two.

THE_STIG

Established Member
When I order, do they ask for my modifications and then customize the tune to my needs or is it just a basic tune that they give to everyone?

ZChaos0026

Established Member
im sure they could get you a custom type tune via email, but if you are just getting a tuner/intake combo, they will just send you the standard tunes they send everyone. tire sizes and gear ratios are an easy change on the SCT that you could do yourself.

FWIW i went with brenspeed and was very happy with them.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
When I order, do they ask for my modifications and then customize the tune to my needs or is it just a basic tune that they give to everyone?

It's more or less a basic tune. You do need to tell them though if you have an o/r x pipe so they can turn off your check engine light.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have a C&L street intake and bassani mufflers, nothing too extreme. My car is just running crappy, i dunno if the previous owner ever got the car tuned. I bought the car with mods already done to it.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Did it come with a hand held?

Negative, but it has a street intake which requires a tune...

Also, I am trying to figure something out, if my car has gears or not. My buddy says it does but I am not sure. At 65mph it sits at ~2000rpm. I used a gear calculator and it said 3.701351235134615724 or something. Would that mean I have 3.73s? The gear calculator didnt have the T3650 transmission as a choice though. I used the T45.

Last edited:

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Brenspeed hands down. I'm sure Bamachips is fine, but I've done tuning business with them three times now, I couldn't be happier. Spot on tunes and customer service.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Why not just get a dyno tune?

Because it's significantly cheaper for a pretty spot on tune. I have seen numerous threads where a Mustang owner will take a Brenspeed/Bamachips tune to the dyno to make sure air/fuel conditions are good (and other variables), and they are always perfect.

SpectorV

Established Member
bamachips is local to me and I have meet and talked with the owner Doug. He seems really nice and my friend loves his 08 GT's tune. I have no personal experience in him tuning my car~ but I may let me give it a shot when the time comes.

S197GT

Established Member
BamaChips. They give free tuning support for a year I believe, Brenspeed only offers free retunes of you buy from them.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Negative, but it has a street intake which requires a tune...

Also, I am trying to figure something out, if my car has gears or not. My buddy says it does but I am not sure. At 65mph it sits at ~2000rpm. I used a gear calculator and it said 3.701351235134615724 or something. Would that mean I have 3.73s? The gear calculator didnt have the T3650 transmission as a choice though. I used the T45.

stock size tires?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
You'll be fine with either vendor. 2 of my best friends and I each had 06 GT's that we modded. One of my buddies and myself had BamaChips tunes and LOVED them. He provided great customer service to both of us and his retunes for additional mods were also spot on. The drive by wire calibration was incredible. My other best friend went with Brenspeed and he loved it as well. You can't go wrong with either BamaChips or Brenspeed.

Users who are viewing this thread