Brembo's and Powdercoating

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Anybody ever taken their Brembos and had them powdercoated? Did you disassemble the caliper completely?? If so, did you have to buy a new rebuild kit?? Where can I get the BREMBO sticker that goes on the caliper if I decide to do this???? Any brake bleeding kits you guys recommend that would keep the fluid off the calipers as I bleed them??? Tips/tricks to doing any of this? Will G2 Paint be a better option than powdercoating?

:shrug:

alex12gt

Established Member
I've seen them powder coated but never in person....but I have used g2 on plenty of cars and that stuff works great,looks awesome and crap wipes right off it

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Powdercoating > G2 paint. The stickers can be found on eBay.

I would contact the vendor/member here that runs The Powder House, as he may know what's involved with getting the caliper red to PC.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
OP, I use one of these to bleed my brakes and I would recommend it. It has a strong magnet on it and holds well over a half bottle before needing to be emptied. You could even combine it with speedbleeders and be headache-free when bleeding your brakes.

Genesis Magnetic Brake Bleeder bottle

genesis_brake_bleeder_bottles.jpg

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Thanks a million guys and I REALLY appreciate the pressure bleeder Scott!!!!

I will be in contact with you when I'm close to ready. Again, thanks!!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i delt with BlkGT500nCA, Brian is a member/vendor here and does great work. He can disassemble and rebuild the caliper for you with new seals upon completion. He also has a few core sets of brembos so your car wont be out of commission

035c4ea9.jpg

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
^^^sweet!!!

Communicating with him now! Hope we can work something out. He's always been very helpful in the forums as my memory serves me.

What about the durability of the PowderCoating?? Anything to be concerned about?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Nope, stronger then paint. Just keep the obvious chemicals off that would ruin it.

Users who are viewing this thread