Breaking the universe

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
There is a real app called the "Universe Splitter." You can get it through the Apple App store. It's real, it's based on our current understanding of the "many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics. You type in two things you want to do, say, read a book or mow the lawn, and hit enter. It sends it off via the internet to a for-real random-number-generating Quantum computer in Geneva, Switzerland, and it sends you back an answer. If you read the book, then in the other, split universe just created, it told you to mow the lawn.

So I asked it: Should I tell others about the universe splitter app, or, should I read my book?

I’m in the universe where I should not tell others about the universe splitter app.

But here I am anyway, telling others about the universe splitter app.

So: either the universe _knew_ all along that I would do this, and doesn’t care,

Or: the universe knew I was going to tell everyone about the app anyway, so it gave me the answer it knew would make me do it*,

Or: I just broke the universe. **

If anyone notices the universe is hung up, I’m sorry.

Strange place, the 'ol universe. Somebody ought to sell tickets.

*Yes, the universe can be, and often is, a manipulatin’ SOB.
**Dad often told me I could break anything.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
James, this is something you will like. I was online one night doing some reading about the double slit experiment, I'm sure you know all about this. Anyway I ran across this physicist that pretty much said he proved using this that we live in a simulation. I watched a video or two online he did and commented on a statement he made that I said was garbage and that he was only saying it to help sell his book. It's called My Big TOE for My theory of everything. Anyway what's really mind blowing is I had no idea where in the world this guy resided, no clue at all. The very next day, I was at home depot and the guy was right behind me in line.

Totally Bizarre, perhaps we do live in that simulation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
James, this is something you will like. I was online one night doing some reading about the double slit experiment, I'm sure you know all about this. Anyway I ran across this physicist that pretty much said he proved using this that we live in a simulation. I watched a video or two online he did and commented on a statement he made that I said was garbage and that he was only saying it to help sell his book. It's called My Big TOE for My theory of everything. Anyway what's really mind blowing is I had no idea where in the world this guy resided, no clue at all. The very next day, I was at home depot and the guy was right behind me in line.

Totally Bizarre, perhaps we do live in that simulation.

Did you recognize him or just ask a random dude at HD if we are living in a simulation?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I asked him his name and it was him, Thomas Campbell. Turned out the guy was working at the military base here.

I'm telling you it's the biggest coincidence I've ever seen.

I felt weird for a day or two afterwards.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
I asked him his name and it was him, Thomas Campbell. Turned out the guy was working at the military base here.

Dang 'ol universe, man. It's a manipulatin' SOB.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member

Ok, I read a couple of reviews. Just to be sure: does this guy talk about having psychic powers as a result of a deeper understanding of quantum mechanics? I just need to be sure we're talking about the same guy; 'cause if it is, he's nuttier than a fruitcake.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member

Listen at 2:38, that's the comment he is falsifying. He acts like things change based on you deleting data off a hard drive. That's the part I questioned him on in the comments.

If that was the case I would agree with his almost for sure simulation argument.

Yes things change based on measurements, but that isn't what he is saying here. If he was accururate a whole new religion would be born.

Last edited:

quad

Established Member

Listen at 2:38, that's the comment he is falsifying. He acts like things change based on you deleting data off a hard drive. That's the part I questioned him on in the comments.

If that was the case I would agree with his almost for sure simulation argument.

Yes things change based on measurements, but that isn't what he is saying here. If he was accururate a whole new religion would be born.

This is interesting. Going to read up more about this when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread