Breaking :: Next Gen Ranger Raptor Shares Bronco Raptor DNA

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You think this truck will be exempt from the hype? Slap a Raptor badge on it and the not knowings will flock to it.

It'll be both unobtainable and way overpriced
Not disagreeing but he said $89k!
I mean it’s still a Ranger.
-J

TORQUERULES

Established Member
And it can be yours for the low low price of $89,000 or so

F YOU Ford.

I believe that the base price is around $52-$54K. I can't remember what I saw off the top of my head. Of course dealer ADMs will push it as far as they can go. Even if it means they will sit on dealer lots and rot...

TORQUERULES

Established Member
My thoughts also. A basic tune on this should be killer!
-J

My Ranger runs like a bat out of hell with a tuned and bolt on 2.3 Ecoboost, so this little 3.0 should be really stout. I saw somewhere that they saved about 100lbs over the previous generation Ranger Raptor. I think it comes in at around 5100lbs. About 300lbs heavier than my truck.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
That's the story of the Bronco, 21+ F-150s, and a smattering of other models.

I think that piggy back unit on the market right now by Burger Motorsports works with the Bronco pretty well (not the best solution, but it is something), but I thought that some tuners were cracking the encryption. Maybe not?

Bensin

Established Member
This is actually a truck I’d buy. I don’t want the huge F150 Raptor but wanted a fun smaller truck. Can this tow a GT500 on an aluminum open trailer?
If so this might be the winner for my truck needs.
-J
Current Ranger Raptor 2500kg/5511lbs towing capacity.
All other 4x4 Rangers in the rest of the world 3500kg/7716 lbs tow capacity.

No words on the capacity of the new one. Guess they release all that closer to the summer.

Bird76Mojo

Established Member
If you think dealers won't mark these up like there was only one of them built, then you've got some learnin' ta do junior.

A dealer near me has several new Bronco's for sale at well over $100,000 and all they have is a puck lift and some aftermarket wheels. Some of them are lower trim levels and they're still priced over $96,000

$96,000 to $108,000 is INSANITY for any vehicle you plan to actually use, unless you make $200,000+ a year. Anything less and you're trying to live way above your means.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think that piggy back unit on the market right now by Burger Motorsports works with the Bronco pretty well (not the best solution, but it is something), but I thought that some tuners were cracking the encryption. Maybe not?

Boost Boxes can't fix the biggest issue with any of these newer Fords, the tuning of the 10R80.

It will be interesting to see if this will open up a V6 option for a regular Ranger later on.
A stripped down light weight V6 Ranger would be a blast!

A regular Ranger with a 2.7L EB would be a monster.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I really love all the hate for the little turbo engines. I assume the haters have never driven one. I personally would not buy a new Ford pickup without one.

I don’t understand the hate either. It’s an excellent platform… and you can still get one with a Coyote if you’d prefer a v8 exhaust note.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don’t understand the hate either. It’s an excellent platform… and you can still get one with a Coyote if you’d prefer a v8 exhaust note.
My 150 with the little 2.7 runs like a raped ape and gets 24 mpg around town. The 10 speed is a love/hate thing. I would assume the programming has got better. Mine is awesome now with 35K on it.

Users who are viewing this thread