Breaking :: Next Gen Ranger Raptor Shares Bronco Raptor DNA

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious on the design to go with 2.5's instead of the 3.1's on the Bronco.

probably to save money and based on weight of vehicle. The Bronco seems more purpose built, this ranger seems more like an after thought…

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Wow... Ford dropped the ball biggly!!! I was hoping they'd shove the GT500 motor/transmission in, but tuned to make 1000hp on 87 octane, give it at LEAST 30" of suspension travel all around on 40's and be right under $30K. So disappointed and they won't be getting my money.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think it looks great and should be popular. I've gotten to drive the newer Rangers and I was more impressed with them in person than I was when I saw them online. I wanted the new Bronco Raptor, but only if it comes in the 2 door. If it doesn't then I may look at one of these instead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow... Ford dropped the ball biggly!!! I was hoping they'd shove the GT500 motor/transmission in, but tuned to make 1000hp on 87 octane, give it at LEAST 30" of suspension travel all around on 40's and be right under $30K. So disappointed and they won't be getting my money.
They can’t do that with the 150 Raptor running 6.

blk02edge

Established Member
Or you know... at least match the Bronco in specs...

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Or you know... at least match the Bronco in specs...
I can't imagine the majority of buyers exceeding the stock Ranger Raptor's capabilities and have no doubt the majority will be flexing on curbs at the mall. Sarcasm aside, I think Ford did a fantastic job.

blk02edge

Established Member
I can't imagine the majority of buyers exceeding the stock Ranger Raptor's capabilities and have no doubt the majority will be flexing on curbs at the mall. Sarcasm aside, I think Ford did a fantastic job.
I can't imagine any of what you said is relevant when Ford did good with the Gen 3 Raptor and Bronco.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm kinda digging this and I'm not a Ranger fan at all!
Looks great and got great power for a truck this size. Almost 400HP and 429TQ. Color me impressed. lol

Hopefully it doesn't get ruined by ADM bullshit, but highly unlikely.
Too bad.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
how would you compare the ride difference between gen1 raptor and gen3, suspension wise only?

That story will be coming soon, Premium Members will get an early preview.

No, is the sound improved a lot in your opinion? I know they spent a lot of effort there.

Yes

Curious on the design to go with 2.5's instead of the 3.1's on the Bronco.

Money and perceived use. This has the most tame suspension setup of any Raptor offering.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is actually a truck I’d buy. I don’t want the huge F150 Raptor but wanted a fun smaller truck. Can this tow a GT500 on an aluminum open trailer?
If so this might be the winner for my truck needs.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread