Brand New T56 Magnum XL rear seal pop out

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I see. I'm doing some research to the magnums too. ...I just like all the reviews I've been reading on them and how smooth the shifts are compared to the stock trans.

Yeah, I've got a Magnum XL in my Roush, and it shifts perfect (after its warmed up a bit). Very precise and smooth. My only problem is, I grew up with Muncie 4-speeds, and speed-shifting (or full-power shifting) the 2-3 shift on a Muncie was simple, just push up and to the right. But on the Magnum XL, if I use that old habitual technique in a speed shift situation, I can sometimes end up going from 2 to 5 in the Magnum, missing 3rd, ugh. The 2-3 shift on the Magnum XL is trickier than on the old Muncies.

IllCobra

Established Member
Yeah, I've got a Magnum XL in my Roush, and it shifts perfect (after its warmed up a bit). Very precise and smooth. My only problem is, I grew up with Muncie 4-speeds, and speed-shifting (or full-power shifting) the 2-3 shift on a Muncie was simple, just push up and to the right. But on the Magnum XL, if I use that old habitual technique in a speed shift situation, I can sometimes end up going from 2 to 5 in the Magnum, missing 3rd, ugh. The 2-3 shift on the Magnum XL is trickier than on the old Muncies.
Could it be because the shift pattern on your newer stang are shorter than that of the 4 speed?

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Just posted about a new/rebuild if you guys could send some input via post or pm would be helpfull.
So much for possibly taking it the 1st week to a show without worring about it breaking down.
Stay Safe
Bunky

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Could it be because the shift pattern on your newer stang are shorter than that of the 4 speed?
The newer shifters/transmissions tend to "center" themselves going into third. When I first started messing with the new transmissions I kept the same habit of going more straight into 3rd as opposed to over and up. Once I got into the habit of just pushing up on the shifter and letting it center itself into 3rd things got a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread