"BRAKES" help please

stang2nv

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra and I change the springs on the car, but as I did that I decided to disconnect the brake line from the caliper in the front so that the caliper woud be out of the way but anyways now i put it back together and I CANNOT get the brakes bled. I started with the back right then to the left and then to the right and then to the left brake caliper and I have done this many times. It is also making a hissing sound when i apply the brakes. i dont think there are any leaks in the line. But your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

cobraracer46

Banned
You f u c k e d up your brake system real bad. Either you reused the copper brake line washers that seal the brake hose to the caliper, failed to notice a brake fluid leak or you let the the master cylinder run dry.

stang2nv

Established Member
I didnt see any brake fluid leaking and I didnt know if i had to bled the master cylinder and also what would happen if i let the master cylinder run dry, i have kept it full since i have been bleeding them

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
stang2nv said:
I didnt see any brake fluid leaking and I didnt know if i had to bled the master cylinder and also what would happen if i let the master cylinder run dry, i have kept it full since i have been bleeding them

if you let the master cyl run dry, you'll have to bleed it...there is one or maybe two bleed screws on it, i can't remember...i would bet that is your problem...

RoyWoods

Established Member
I'm not sure about the 99's, but on the '01's, the master cylinder has two valves that you have to bleed. They are on the "engine side" of the master cylinder. You do the one that is closest to the windshield first. It's relatively easy to do, and should take you less than 5 minutes. You'll know right away if it was causing your problem (i.e. if/when you see the giant air bubble come out).

Users who are viewing this thread