Brake warning light

mustangbob

Established Member
Hey guys,

Have taken the mustang out a few times over the last couple of weeks. It has been driving very well, especially with this cool weather. However, when I accelerate hard and then press on the brakes the ABS light comes on. There is also some shuttering above 40 mph. I looked at the fluid, it seems to be at the max level or just slightly below it. The brakes seem to work fine other than that, no mushy or dead petal and when applying brakes under normal conditions the light never comes on. Anyway, I was just curious what you guys thought. Maybe pads or rotors :shrug:? car only has 15,000 miles on it.

Thanks,

Bob

TRBO VNM

typically from hard braking, if the light comes on, that is an indication of low fluid and when you break, all the fluid is forced in one direction and the sensor triggers the light for a second. And the lower fluid means the pads are wearing and about ready for replacement.

but you said you have plenty of fluid, I would confirm that. I am not sure what else could cause it.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If there is a bunch of metal filings stuck all over the ABS sensors and rings:

Buy some brake clean and clean off all the crud and metal fillings magnetically stuck to the ABS sensors and sensor rings.

You may need compressed air to blow it off if the brake clean doesn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread