Brake pedal pulses while clutch is in??

musclesBMF

Established Member
Has anyone experienced their brake pedal pulsing (like it does when the ABS kicks in) while braking light to moderate and the clutch pedal is depressed? Does anybody know what the cause of this is and is there a fix? It's very annoying and scary at times.

Thanks

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by musclesBMF
Has anyone experienced their brake pedal pulsing (like it does when the ABS kicks in) while braking light to moderate and the clutch pedal is depressed? Does anybody know what the cause of this is and is there a fix? It's very annoying and scary at times.

Thanks

I see from your sig that you have different wheels on your car? Is the overall diameter the same between the front and rear tires different enough that it could actually be acivating the abs? Just a guess that I thought I would throw out there.

Brian

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I too have felt this, but only when I'm turning into my driveway. Clutch is in, transmission in first gear, making left hand turn into driveway and applying the brakes. You can feel the pedal pulsate! This doesn't happen every time though... It did this with stock wheels and tires.

U.M.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
I too have felt this, but only when I'm turning into my driveway. Clutch is in, transmission in first gear, making left hand turn into driveway and applying the brakes. You can feel the pedal pulsate! This doesn't happen every time though... It did this with stock wheels and tires.
U.M.

EXACTLY the same for me.

fafafoey

Established Member
I too have noticed this under varying conditions. Stock rims/Tires on my ride. It is very scary. I think it may happen on bumpy road conditions as well.

musclesBMF

Established Member
Now that it was metnioned, I notice it a lot when I'm turning. Just slow braking causes this situation.
Another question: Could this be related to the design of the 'hdro-boost' system that the brakes and clutch share? I may be way off here...I don't know. I do know that these cars (and I guess all the 4.6 motors) don't have the large diaphragm looking thing next to the firewall like my 95 did.
As for the tires, they are the same size as the Saleens use (265 35 and 295 35).

Thanks.

Cobra-R

Established Member
When you guys mention the part about turning into the driveway when it occurs, I would swear there was a discussion about this in here a while ago. Might want to do a search, or maybe someone else will remember better than I.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
When you guys mention the part about turning into the driveway when it occurs, I would swear there was a discussion about this in here a while ago. Might want to do a search, or maybe someone else will remember better than I.

Sure you're not confusing this post with the ones about a "popping" noise from the rear end? I know a few people have reported this sound when turning onto an inclined driveway. :shrug:

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread