Brake Pedal Pulsates when brakes applied

wickedstangs

Established Member
Well I am taking in the 03 Cobra to the dealer today. When I apply the brakes there is a vibrating or pulsation in the pedal and you can feel and hear the pulsation on the brake pedal. Anyone have this problem? Any ideas?

MightyMo

Established Member
warped rotors
irregular wear of brake pads
been riding your brakes or slamming them on hard?

make sure they change your brake fluid, brake pads and rotors out!!

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I have a similar situation, to me it feels like the Anti-lock brakes are coming into effect too early. I havent had it checked so it's only my thoughts.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
If he had warped rotors the steering wheel should have been shaking not the brake pedal!

RKANYZ

Established Member
the brake pedal will pulsate from warped rotors because the warpage will cause the caliper piston to move in and out of its bore which will be felt in the pedal. but I am wondering what the noise is. is it like a buzzing noise? if it is it could be ABS. also ask the dealer which rotors they replaced. they most likely replaced just the fronts and the rears could have runout too. it is also possible that your hubs are warped but not very likely. look at your rotors through the wheels if they look dark with a blue tint they have been overheated and are warped.

SC457A

Established Member
does it happen at all speeds? is it only in the pedal? whats the noise sound like? a buzzin sound? maybe a pump running.. id guess ABS...

could be the rear rotors, if only in the pedal the rotors are out of paralel(sp) but you will feel this in the car as you stop also.. it kinda has a ryhthimc jerks slightly slowing down

if the car has to be moving id guess ABS may have a speed sensor acting up.. or worse...

i love abs stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread