Brake Pedal Noise

Joel Eddmann

Established Member
Hey guys!

I am having an issue with my brake pedal as it is making a noise. The braking system itself works fine. There are no issues with the braking performance, but there is a ticking noise being made sometimes when the brake is applied. I attached an audio click of it. If you have any ideas let me know! Thanks.

Joel Eddmann

Established Member
What the....

Only audible in the car? And only from foot pedal area?
I forgot to mention my ABS like has been on for over 4 months. This is the first time I have actually had an issue with the braking system. Again, no performance issues only the sound it makes. Also you can feel the pedal vibrating when the noise is made.

52merc

Established Member
With that info I would definitely concentrate on the ABS system. I would have to do some reading up before I could really be of any help with the ABS since I've never experienced any problems with ABS on my car.

Joel Eddmann

Established Member
With that info I would definitely concentrate on the ABS system. I would have to do some reading up before I could really be of any help with the ABS since I've never experienced any problems with ABS on my car.
Alright, I am going to continue to do some research on it as well. I am not exactly sure but I am replacing much clutch within the next week or 2 and when I do I will try to trouble shoot some of the components on the ABS system. I will make sure to get back with you guys!

52merc

Established Member
The fact that the ABS light is on is an indication that an ABS malfunction has occurred. You need to get an OBDII reader that will read the ABS DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) if you don't already have one. Once you retrieve any DTCs we can go to the next stage.

Users who are viewing this thread