Brake Pads

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm getting to the point of needing to replace my brake pads. What are the OEM pads? What pads have you guys used on your STs?

I'm sorry, I tried searching but brake pads is too short according to the forum

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What do you mean what are the OEM pads?

And I went with with hawk HPS for my replacement street pads.

Sinister06gt

I bought a matched set of stoptech ceramic pads and added slotted stoptech rotors. I love them. Stop on a dime and don't fade. The brake dust isn't nearly as bad as the oem pads

TRBO VNM

I have sold guys the HPS pads, ceramic pads and the HPS 5.0 pads. The HPS seem to be about the same as stock, some have even commented a little less grabby. the ceramic have been great and I am waiting on a review with the 5.0 pads.

einehund

Established Member
Just ordered EBC yellowstuff and EBC rotors. I will follow up with a review after a couple of hundred and then a couple of thousand miles. FWIW, had to change pads at the 37k mile mark, so that seems to be the fairly common timeframe for changing pads.

einehund

Established Member
Update: the EBC yellows ARE NOT QUIET. The wife doesn't like DDing them as every time she comes to a stop, they squeal. That being said, they straight WORK! Tried multiple emergency braking from Autobahn speeds (late at night, when the Autobahn was clear) and no fade whatsoever. I will be keeping these pads for race days, but am ordering 2013 OEM pads for DD purposes.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Update: the EBC yellows ARE NOT QUIET. The wife doesn't like DDing them as every time she comes to a stop, they squeal. That being said, they straight WORK! Tried multiple emergency braking from Autobahn speeds (late at night, when the Autobahn was clear) and no fade whatsoever. I will be keeping these pads for race days, but am ordering 2013 OEM pads for DD purposes.

I threw EBC reds on my wifes daily (different car) and they were a huge improvement, no noise, a bit more dust. The bite on them is serious.

einehund

Established Member
Update #2... ordered OEM pads but did not install. Wife decided she likes the stopping power, and after a car wash, the pads did quiet down quite a bit, so they will be staying on. If I had to guess, when the pads were installed, parts weren't sprayed down with brake cleaner; after a good car wash, things were better. I have no idea as I am 3500 miles away and am only relaying info that I have received via Skype.

Users who are viewing this thread