brake pads toast after 11k miles???

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
I only have 11K miles on my car and I think my brake pads are toast. They sqeek a little bit when I come to a stop, but when I go in reverse at very slow speeds it sqeaks like no other as if someone is dying. Also my left side front wheel tends to sqeak when the car is off. When I dry my car on that fender adn motion back to forth, the car moves just a little bit but it sqeaks. I don't know whats wrong but it's going into the dealership next tuesday, hopefully nothing bad happens till then.

I was thinking of going with the SBS ProTouring Heavy Duty Pads (135 bucks on tirerack) for teh front and some cheaper ones for the rear (from advance autoparts, Bendix D627 OE Replacement). Is it okay to mix and match? I figure the fronts do the majority of the stopping that's why I would put better brake pads up front and the rears would just stick to the OE stuff. The SBS rears are 123 bucks compared to the 38 bucks for the OE stuff at Advance autoparts.

Any thoughts? questions? advice? maybe my problem isn't the brake pads? I looked at the front ones and they are worn down, but I can't tell by how much wear is on them. The rotors are fine in teh front and rear, so I won't need to get them turned.

Juiced-03

Established Member
You should always get your front rotors turned if you can especially since you will have it all apart anyways. My brakes have 20,000 miles on them and they squeal a lot. I can also tell the brake pedal isnt as hard or responsive as it used to be. I havnt done any high speed runs or races until I get them replaced. With as much power as you and I are running, brakes are definitely something that should be a high priority.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Try not to go over 12,000 miles. Aren't brakes covered up to 12,000 miles>??? I hope it is just pads and not the rotors. You must drive it kinda hard to need brakes at 11,000 miles. These cars have a lot better brakes then the garbage on my Lightning and i got a little over 20,000 miles out of the front pads and still have the rears on. It needs rotors though they have little cracks everywhere. Crappy brakes. Goodluck getting it fixed. -Mat-

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Try not to go over 12,000 miles. Aren't brakes covered up to 12,000 miles>??? I hope it is just pads and not the rotors. You must drive it kinda hard to need brakes at 11,000 miles. These cars have a lot better brakes then the garbage on my Lightning and i got a little over 20,000 miles out of the front pads and still have the rears on. It needs rotors though they have little cracks everywhere. Crappy brakes. Goodluck getting it fixed. -Mat-

are they really? can someone confirm this? It would be awesome if I could get free brake pads on FORD's behalf!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl
are they really? can someone confirm this? It would be awesome if I could get free brake pads on FORD's behalf!

Pads are NOT covered. I had a vibe upon hard decel. My dealer pulled the rotors and 'trued' them back to specs, but the pads are your concern. I bought some Hawk pads and they put them on for me at least:beer: I have 10k, might have something to do with our driving habits:rolling:

jason

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2thman
Pads are NOT covered. I had a vibe upon hard decel. My dealer pulled the rotors and 'trued' them back to specs, but the pads are your concern. I bought some Hawk pads and they put them on for me at least:beer: I have 10k, might have something to do with our driving habits:rolling:

jason

yeah i'm reading the warranty papers now and it says nothing about brake pads...either way I will order the SBS ones and stock oem rear one's and make sure they are in my passenger seat when the dealership takes a look at the car.

Users who are viewing this thread