Brake Pads II

Mwynn

Established Member
Hey guys, the last time I posted anything about braking systems there was nothing in the aftermarket for our cars. What about now? Going to road ATL in a few weeks need a good set of pads all the way around to handle this fast track! Last year that track fried all the stock rotors and pads... Ford was kind enough to replace all parts... but I think they wont be so nice next time. Any suggestions would be appreciated....:rockon:

Mwynn

Established Member
Ducted coolers would help, but stopping from 160 to 45 mph over and over again needs a track pad.... waiting for some of my road racing guys to chime in!

Paul1138

Established Member
Porterfield/Ray Bestos ST-43. I used them for over 10 track days and love them. Loud as hell and tons of brake dust but worth it.

Mwynn

Established Member
Great! I don't mind the brake dust... but what do you mean by loud as hell? Grinding sound or squeeling sound?

svt1111

Established Member
Does Pagid offer a pad for these cars?

Who offers the best aftermarket rotors for these cars?

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
I have been through a few sets from Porterfield and have been pretty happy with them, send me a note for details and let me know when you are heading to Road Atlanta...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey guys, the last time I posted anything about braking systems there was nothing in the aftermarket for our cars. What about now? Going to road ATL in a few weeks need a good set of pads all the way around to handle this fast track! Last year that track fried all the stock rotors and pads... Ford was kind enough to replace all parts... but I think they wont be so nice next time. Any suggestions would be appreciated....:rockon:

A track like Road Atlanta will definitely test the braking system of a 2013 GT 500. The stock pads cannot do the job required. You'll need a track pad.

Here's a link to our 2013-2014 brake page:

2013 - 2014 ShelbyBrake Parts

We have a Hawk DTC 60 pad available for the front which is our part number FT 9230. We also have a PF-97 pad for the rear but it's not listed on our site yet.

Race pads and street pads can share the same rotors if like manufacturers are used but it's best to keep race rotors and pads separate because of the pad material transfer to the rotors.

We will also be adding the stock replacement rotors to our site soon but honestly giving the shipping involved you'd be better off paying retail at your local Ford store because a set of these rotors (F&R) are close to 100#.

Another option for the front rotors would be the 2 pc Ford Racing rotors M-1125-MSVT15 also found on that link above.

When I took my 2014 GT 500 to Road America last season I found the front rotors getting very hot. Because I have a track-pack car, there are no provisions on the front of the car for an intake for a front brake cooling duct so I ended up making brackets and put the cooling fans FT 9205 on the spindles and they work very well. The fans are on the bottom of the page.

I'm actually heading out on a Cruise tomorrow but the guys at the shop should be able to help you if you have and questions. Inquire at: [email protected] for more info.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Mwynn

Established Member
Thanks guys for the input.... Called my buddy van from Revan and got pointed in the right direction with some rear pads, brake lines, and fluid. I had forgotten about the set of Hawk DTC-60 that Bruce from full tilt boogie hooked me up with last summer, still in the box. Been a crazy winter! I think I may have put maybe 50 miles on my car in the last four months.

I just need to get in back in touch with my local tuner and see whats going on with the hanging, searching, and hunting idle on this car. Its the strangest thing.... I have just have a few simple bolt ons, ford twin 65mm TB, JLT carbon intake with filter, off-road pipe and a tune. Ran perfect for weeks.... then took it to the track last summer, ran it hard... By mid day... all the idle problems popped up and have persisted through every normal driving condition since. Maybe its the TB... who really knows at this point. thanks

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks guys for the input.... Called my buddy van from Revan and got pointed in the right direction with some rear pads, brake lines, and fluid. I had forgotten about the set of Hawk DTC-60 that Bruce from full tilt boogie hooked me up with last summer, still in the box. Been a crazy winter! I think I may have put maybe 50 miles on my car in the last four months.

I just need to get in back in touch with my local tuner and see whats going on with the hanging, searching, and hunting idle on this car. Its the strangest thing.... I have just have a few simple bolt ons, ford twin 65mm TB, JLT carbon intake with filter, off-road pipe and a tune. Ran perfect for weeks.... then took it to the track last summer, ran it hard... By mid day... all the idle problems popped up and have persisted through every normal driving condition since. Maybe its the TB... who really knows at this point. thanks

Trying swapping your stock TB on and see if it does it.

I sold a number of dual 65MM TB's last year and only had one where the TPS voltage was off. We tried adjusting it and it just wouldn't work. In the last 18 months I've had one bad Dual 65MM FRPP Throttle and that was it.

If the stock TB fixes it you might need to return the TB to Ford for a swap.

Thanks for the order this afternoon. We'll be getting those out to you ASAP. :beer:

Van

Users who are viewing this thread