Brake pads eating into rotor (again)

drkmrkiv

Established Member
First set of stock brake pads wore very quickly and ate into the rotors. Replaced them.

Fast forward a year. Same thing started happening this morning. Checked the pads last week and they were fine (stock pads) and are eating into my rear passenger rotor again.

Both times the pad has worn out quickly. Both times on the rear passenger side. Both times have eaten into the rotor. All other sides are fine.

What could cause one corner to wear out faster than all the others? Brake portioning off from the factory?

I have a 2012 Mustang GT Track Pack.... Stock brake system.

drkmrkiv

Established Member
Ah, makes sense now that I think about it. Talk about a brain fart lol.

Had the caliper replaced when it happened last time.

87hatchy

Established Member
Make sure the soft rubber brake line isn't kinked or collapsed. I would try bleeding the brakes too. I'm no expert but was just thinking that maybe air in the system would possibly keep pressure on the caliper somehow and not allow the piston to return? Not sure if that's possible but might as well try if everything else checks out

Paul.

Established Member
Mine did the same thing. Rear brakes ate themselves with 16,000 miles. Destroyed the rotors. Replaced the rotors and bought some Duralast pads and haven't had the same problem... yet.

BADBOSS

Established Member
Same problem, caliber overheated at last track day and was sticking. New caliber and good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread