brake nightmare

robert presti

Established Member
I have a 2000 Mustang GT. It has been modified heavily. It is using Advantage iii tuning. Traction control was always written off as long as I owned this car, don't know what program it was tuned with at that point. I was converting my brakes to Cobra and replacing the hoses to stainless braided hoses. One side acted up and I had to wait a day to tap it. All the brake fluid ran out, as at home I'm not that equipped to deal with issues. Now there is air or some issue with the brake pedal. The ABS module doesn't communicate with the PCM to do an auto bleed with the scanner. Tried to turn traction control back on in the tune, but it is still off.

Will pressure bleeding work, or do I just have to buy an ABS delete manifold. It has already taken my local parts store 3 weeks to get me cobra calipers. One was boxed wrong and everything is a week out. Now one says cobra and one doesn't. Should have just bought the kit on Ebay, so I hate to wait another week or two to get the ABS delete manifold.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If you have air in your lines you have to bleed it. Get a friend to push on the brake pedal for you and bleed each caliper.

robert presti

Established Member
If you have air in your lines you have to bleed it. Get a friend to push on the brake pedal for you and bleed each caliper.

Sometimes it isn't possible without cycling the ABS, and I can't with a scanner. I get a trouble code that the PCM and ABS are not compatible. I have had this problem with fords in the past, but their ABS systems worked. This is also a traction control car. The problem is I let all the fluid out of the rear brakes and MC (master cylinder). Some air after the MC and ABS unit should bleed out fine without a scanner.

The real point of this question is will pressure bleeding at the MC fix the issue without the scanner. The only other thing I could do is drive the car and see if I can get the abs to activate. I have done that in the past with out a scanner on other cars, but like I said I don't believe the ABS or traction control work.

robert presti

Established Member
I would not say it really feels like air in the lines either, more like a bad MC which could be somewhat possible, but I highly doubt it.

robert presti

Established Member
I have a 2000 Mustang GT. It has been modified heavily. It is using Advantage iii tuning. Traction control was always written off as long as I owned this car, don't know what program it was tuned with at that point. I was converting my brakes to Cobra and replacing the hoses to stainless braided hoses. One side acted up and I had to wait a day to tap it. All the brake fluid ran out, as at home I'm not that equipped to deal with issues. Now there is air or some issue with the brake pedal. The ABS module doesn't communicate with the PCM to do an auto bleed with the scanner. Tried to turn traction control back on in the tune, but it is still off.

Will pressure bleeding work, or do I just have to buy an ABS delete manifold. It has already taken my local parts store 3 weeks to get me cobra calipers. One was boxed wrong and everything is a week out. Now one says cobra and one doesn't. Should have just bought the kit on Ebay, so I hate to wait another week or two to get the ABS delete manifold.

I resolved this today. The issue was the scanner I tried the first time. There was a trouble code c1805 so I thought something was wrong and maybe there is, but a Modis was able to run the auto bleed while the other scanner failed to . It took more than one time, but the air is out now. The ABS must work with the traction control disabled the way it is.

robert presti

Established Member
Brakes bleed out and after driving one of the caliper is no good. 10-5-16 still no replacement so the brake nightmare continues. Tried to save a few dollars and failed here. Should have bought from ford racing.

Users who are viewing this thread