brake lights stopped working...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
and the fuse is perfectly fine. Due to the T56 having a reverse lockout, the lockout was wired to the brake lights so since the lights arent working, its a pain in the ass to get it into reverse. Any idea what it could be? I was almost certain it was a fuse but its fine. According to the Ford Manual its fuse #41 (15A Fuse). anywhere else I should look?? Everything worked just fine last night and this morning, eeeerrrr nope. Had to wrestle it a bit to get it in reverse. I dont mind that, its the lights that has turned this into a safety/'legal' issue.....

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
ah fixed!!! lol. STill have a concern so this thread isnt all too much of a waste of time.

the problem was a wire from the brake light switch came out of the socket.
Need to find a way to keep it in there for the time being. But my concern is, after putting the wire back into its slot i noticed its prety hot to the touch. is this normal or........not? heh. literally in the time just messing with it to hear the reverse lockout activate (thatll let me know the lights work) it got hot in those few seconds.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
grr, just noticed that when i put the wire in, the lights STAY on. back to square one...

anyone know the part number to the BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH? i cant find crap! halp plz :(

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Good News and Bad News for you.

Head back over to LAMC for the results...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
George Lopez///

I GOT DIS!!!

//George Lopez :coolman:

found 2 brake light switches at Pick A Part. Gonna install em now after some quick grub. So far this issue is just a $2.00 bs hassle. I dont mind that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread