brake ducks?

03mach 1

Established Member
iv seen them on here before thought i would give it a try i need somthing to help cool off my brakes i drive a 03 cobra ....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Dunno man, first there is not room for ducks under there, second all that wing flappin is going to get feathers and bird shit all over your engine you will be constantly cleaning it. probably more trouble than they are worth.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
RDj - My thoughts as well.
03 - Look in the Open Track section or PM ac427cobra

ifinditundrgrnd

Established Member
Wouldn't the buildup of duck feathers actually cause greater heat retention to the brake system? I see no value in that.

amorrow

Established Member
I second the Quantum Motorsports 3" brake duct kit. I just did my first high-speed autocross school at Blackhawk Farms this past weekend, and the kit worked great. This duct kit combined with Porterfield R4-1 pads with the stock Cobra brake setup left me absolutely amazed with regard to how late I could brake doing into turns at 110+, how the brakes performed instantly on the first turn (so probably great for the cones as well), and how after four laps I noticed no fade (we did a few four-lap practice runs at speed).

Granted...my opinion comes from a first-timer, but my instructor commented on how impressed he was with my car's braking, too...and he's had years of experience autocrossing/roadracing two '97 Cobras and an '03.

03mach 1

Established Member
well i really wanna get into it i live right by the tx motor speed way but i just race all the time and my brakes have to b cooler i had made my own but i wreaked the car and when i replaced the bumper i had to take them off but mine wernt as good as the ones on here ... but they worked but i got a lil extra cash so figured i would just buy a good well made kit

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
iv tryed calling an pmd the guy with no replys?
anyother way to contact him?
Man,
PMs have always worked for me in the past. I do not have a number, sorry. He gets caught up in projects. How much of a hurry are you in? Do you compete on a national level?

03mach 1

Established Member
Man,
PMs have always worked for me in the past. I do not have a number, sorry. He gets caught up in projects. How much of a hurry are you in? Do you compete on a national level?

ok i think i just might get one off this other site thanks tho and no want to i just dont no how to get in to it i went up to the speedway the other day and they where no help at all they said u have to b a member and i dont no how to b a member so if u race like that any help would b grate cuz i love hitting turns haha

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
ok i think i just might get one off this other site thanks tho and no want to i just dont no how to get in to it i went up to the speedway the other day and they where no help at all they said u have to b a member and i dont no how to b a member so if u race like that any help would b grate cuz i love hitting turns haha

Doyou.jpg

Back-N-Black

Established Member
I just did my first high-speed autocross school at Blackhawk Farms this past weekend. This duct kit combined with Porterfield R4-1 pads with the stock Cobra brake setup left me absolutely amazed with regard to how late I could brake doing into turns at 110+.

Whoa, I'm not familiar with this Blackhawk Farms but am very familiar with Auto-X. In seven or so years of auto-x'ing I have NEVER seen anyone get close to 110 at one. Around sixty or so, is tops I think in my area of Central Florida.

You sure you are not talking about a Solo I?

amorrow

Established Member
Whoa, I'm not familiar with this Blackhawk Farms but am very familiar with Auto-X. In seven or so years of auto-x'ing I have NEVER seen anyone get close to 110 at one. Around sixty or so, is tops I think in my area of Central Florida.

You sure you are not talking about a Solo I?

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Turn_by_turn_guide_to_the_Blackhawk_Farms_track#Track_Map

That's probably what they call it in your area, but Midwestern Council (Northern IL and WI area) calls it HSAX (high-speed autocross). We do run on actual racetracks, not cone courses. Competitions consist of single timed laps, but during the school we ran four-lap practice sessions at-speed, but were limited on where we could pass. Blackhawk Farms is actually one of the smaller (and slower) tracks I'll run on.

I ran autocross with cones one time, and hit about 65 mph tops. It was with a 'Vette club, and I understand that course was set up faster than most.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread