Brake cooling kits...

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I just looked up the Ford Racing kit and personally I think it's a ripoff at $220, considering I have the high temp silicone hoses in my garage and paid maybe $30 for them; toss in another $5 for the hoseclamps and zipties :shrug: Really all I need is the mounts. Any recommendations?

Also, I know the Boss has upgraded lines; are stainless lines worth it?

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
It includes the new fog light bezels too. So you just snap out so you don't have to do any cutting

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Value is subjective, however, this is an extremely functional piece that is plug N play...

Consider people who pay that much or more for a grill (guilty!) or side diffusers (guilty) or any other aftermarket pieces with less engineering or fitment guarantee.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Quantum Motorsports, although the ducting itself in the FRPP kit is much sturdier. My quantum ducting is still intact after 3+ years of use, however.

Grant808

Established Member
Value is subjective, however, this is an extremely functional piece that is plug N play...

Consider people who pay that much or more for a grill (guilty!) or side diffusers (guilty) or any other aftermarket pieces with less engineering or fitment guarantee.

Well it's hardly plug and play...many people have modified the backing plate just to get the silicone flex tubing on...

Personally I expected a better fit with the hoses for $220.

LostPony

Established Member
I think you can get mounts from Agent 47. For those that have the FRPP set up, is there any cutting of factory plastic involved to route the hoses? If so, how good are the instructions?

jlwdvm

Established Member
you have to remove a couple coils of the inner wire to get the hose to slip onto the backing plate mount. I called Ford Racing when I got tired of trying to figure out how to get the hose on. There has been an amendment to the directions that come with the kit that some kits didn't ship with.

cloud9

Established Member
Definitely upgrade to SS lines if you're tracking the car. The stock hoses, while upgraded, are still rubber and "mushy". I upgraded mine before it left the dealership, but I did drive one with the stock lines and it was night and day. The stock lines are way too spongy for serious track duty.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Definitely upgrade to SS lines if you're tracking the car. The stock hoses, while upgraded, are still rubber and "mushy". I upgraded mine before it left the dealership, but I did drive one with the stock lines and it was night and day. The stock lines are way too spongy for serious track duty.

Which lines did you go with?

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member

Not to get off subject but what part numbers is the 302S suspension parts? Where can you go to get the best deal?:beer:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Nice, saved to favorites for later. Once i track the boss and get a feel for it i am wanting to know what will make it more funner.

So back onto the brake cooling kit, is it just the install is a pain but worth it or does someone else make a better kit at a better price?

cloud9

Established Member
Nice, saved to favorites for later. Once i track the boss and get a feel for it i am wanting to know what will make it more funner.

So back onto the brake cooling kit, is it just the install is a pain but worth it or does someone else make a better kit at a better price?
The only thing that's more difficult about installing this kit over another is getting the hose over the mounting plate at the rotor. The fix is to snip the first two wires and pull them out carefully. The hoses are actually far better quality than the other kit I had. I have had the FRPP one on for over a year, 9000 miles (2500 on track) and the hoses are still in great condition and haven't popped off either the inlet or the mounting plate. The hoses on the JLT kit I had on my GT500 were constantly tearing and the bezels never fit properly into the lower grille openings.

86Fbody

Established Member
I was doing some looking around and found that Kenny Brown makes a duct kit that looks slightly nicer then the FRPP ones, however it doesn't come as a kit so you would then need to buy the hoses and bezels from Kenny or Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread