Brake Caliper Paint Question

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I have a sonic blue coupe and I am thinking about painting the front and rear calipers. I was going to use VHT Brake Caliper paint. How is this paint? Now the question is whether to use red or black. Opinions appreciated.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I hand painted my front calipers black.
They look great with the raised cobra lettering.:thumbsup:

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I painted my calipers recently with G2 Caliper Paint. Great result, and all that you need comes in the kit. Withstands heat upto 930*.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I used New Ford engine blue on mine, It went on easy and drys fast. You are able to put three coats in no time and coverage is really good, I have use clean and soap and it holds up well. It is good to 500 degrees which I hope my caliper never get that hot!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Can't really see them very good, but I painted mine with brush on high-temp paint. I'll try to get ya some better pics this weekend. I have yet to do the rears, I'm waiting till I have to change pads/rotors. Hope this helps.

FrontPass.JPG

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by eiblish
:coolman: I painted my calipers recently with G2 Caliper Paint. Great result, and all that you need comes in the kit. Withstands heat upto 930*.

And where does one get the kit?

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue
I used New Ford engine blue on mine, It went on easy and drys fast. You are able to put three coats in no time and coverage is really good, I have use clean and soap and it holds up well. It is good to 500 degrees which I hope my caliper never get that hot!

Hey Sonic Blue, those look great! So did you pull the caliper off and all apart, then spray it? I've never done anything like that (or even done my own brakes), but it looks great so i might give it a try.

thanks for any info / details,

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
no I did them right on the car.

Used a towel to cover the rotor and masking tape the rest. It is real simple. The engine paint covers well so you don't get spray all over the place. just wire brush the calipers and use either brake clean or simple alcohol to clean after brushing. I used a small razor knife to scrap the paint off the cobra letters

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
In answer to your question: If I had to choose between red and black on a blue car, then I guess I'd go with black. But I think I'd prefer blue over either of the others.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
In answer to your question: If I had to choose between red and black on a blue car, then I guess I'd go with black. But I think I'd prefer blue over either of the others.

I'm thinking if I go with the blue paint on the calipers, it would go nicely with the sonic blue exterior.

Users who are viewing this thread