Brake Caliper Clearance

chrish900

TT Crazy
Established Member
What is the minimum clearance that I should be running between the caliper and the spoke and wheel itself? I'm running Brembo 4-piston calipers on my 2004 Terminator. I just bought a set of inexpensive wheels to use with slicks for HPDE track time and they have 1/8th of an inch. This is quite a bit less than the stock 03-04 Cobra wheels.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What is the minimum clearance that I should be running between the caliper and the spoke and wheel itself? I'm running Brembo 4-piston calipers on my 2004 Terminator. I just bought a set of inexpensive wheels to use with slicks for HPDE track time and they have 1/8th of an inch. This is quite a bit less than the stock 03-04 Cobra wheels.

1/8" is a piece of cake. I ran my Y2KR caliper on my CCW wheels with .090" clearance to the wheel spokes.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I recommend putting a couple small pieces of duct tape on the caliper for the first couple sessions and see if it reveals anything. If the tape is untouched, then I wouldn't worry.
I guess to be a scientific test, I should find the thickness of 2 pieces of duct tape. Anyone know if that info is on the web? :lol1:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Chris!!! Good to see you on SVTP.

Bruce knows his stuff, so I would go for it. Worst case, bring your other set.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^ yep, I know. But if he mounts them and they don't work I am sure that he could sell them and would not take any more than a $100 loss. Not great, but better than a $400 loss.

Or, just sent them back and pick yourself up some of the treid and true Cobra R style wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread