Brake Bleeding

03snkvert

Established Member
I have been wanting to buy a good brake bleeder!

Anyone have any experience with this or something similar that you would suggest!

[youtube_browser]1LVyA_3lOmM[/youtube_browser]

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Motive Power Bleeder. Cheap and Efficient. I just borrowed one from a friend and now I bought one for myself. Simple, one person operation.

I had been using Russell Speed Bleeder screws for the past few years but this is much easier.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol: Speed bleeders, makes it gravy :banana:
Also went with Amsoil brake fluid

Anabolic

Banned
love stacy & his quick tips!
but i would just buy speed bleeders, get some 4DOT Fluid & call it a day.
All you do with speed bleeders if you don't know. is open them up.. pump the pedal. BUT the vaccum system I think is worth the money because you might need the vaccuming for other things, aswell as the brakes. & works on multiple cars. But personally I don't do that much where it would beneft the price tag over the 15$ bleeders

03snkvert

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I am looking for something a little more that just bleeding. I was just looking at these to make flushing the hole system a little bit easier.

I had a metal Might Vac pump, but something got into the bore and now it doesn't seel up (create a vacuum), probably the worst $50 I ever spent!

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Motive Power Bleeder. Cheap and Efficient. I just borrowed one from a friend and now I bought one for myself. Simple, one person operation.

I had been using Russell Speed Bleeder screws for the past few years but this is much easier.

This. :rockon:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
How to Change Brake Fluid - YouTube

Very easy to do.

Takes 2 people.

Start at the RR then LR then RF then LF.

Just bleed it like normal except you dont have to pump the brakes. Just have someone hold the brakes down, crack the bleeder and then tighten it when they hit the floor. When they bring their foot up the system is still full with no air in it. Do this till the RR is coming out with clean fluid then move to the LR then RF then LF. Make sure you keep adding new fluid to the Master Cylinder.

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah, I have done regular bleeding, just don't want to have holler at the wife while I am bleeding the brakes.

I do like the kit that you can put X amount of fluid in, and the put in your reservoir to keep the MC from running low, or dry!

Edit: looks like the Motive Power bleeder does this!

I am going to check this out!

Last edited:

SonicBeast

Established Member
Not to hijack thread but I painted my calipers and removed them from the lines. They leaked a little over time but can I just reconnect them and fill up the reservoir or do I need to bleed them? Never bled brakes before so I'm kind of a noob

03snkvert

Established Member
Yep, what he said.

You might as well go ahead and flush out all that old fluid while you are at it!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Thanks for the input. I am looking for something a little more that just bleeding. I was just looking at these to make flushing the hole system a little bit easier.

I had a metal Might Vac pump, but something got into the bore and now it doesn't seel up (create a vacuum), probably the worst $50 I ever spent!

Get the Motive Power Bleeder and be done. You don't have to putz with the Speed Bleeders, and, as stated it is a one man job. You can flush the entire system easily, and bleeding it takes just a few minutes. Anyone that says otherwise has never tried it.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
You can also gravity bleed the system but it takes a long ass time but the flush is the best cause it forces out the fluid and that cleans the system better.

Users who are viewing this thread