Brake bias change with Baer big brake kit

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
One of the big things I noticed after installing the Baer 13" Pro+ front brake kit (13" rotors, 6 pot calipers, stainless lines) was a shift in brake bias. It will stop on a dime if I'm hard enough onto the pedal but the stock feel felt more dialed in. I've noticed alot of rear pad dust. I'm thinking the rear pads are engaging sooner than the fronts.

Does this mean I just need to order the rear kit? Or is there anything I can do to balance it out?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have those brakes and didn't really notice a change like you mentioned. It took me a bit to get all of the air of the system though. How much pedal travel do you have before something happens?

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I have those brakes and didn't really notice a change like you mentioned. It took me a bit to get all of the air of the system though. How much pedal travel do you have before something happens?

Thanks for the reply. Still running stock rear calipers, rotors?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Still running stock rear calipers, rotors?
Stock calipers and stock sized rotors. I changed to a pad that matched the pads that came with the Baer calipers. I just remember the air being a pain to get out. But I also did all of the flex lines at the same time.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'd highly recommend Speed Bleeders. Ever since I installed them, I've never had a firmer pedal. I bleed the brakes numerous times and still couldn't match the Speed Bleeders. Best part, Speed Bleeders can be done alone.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I used to have those brakes and mine worked great with no change in feel like you are talking. I also had a lot of issues getting all the air out of the system. I ended up taking it down to a local place and had my brake system vacuum bled and my pedal was nice had firm after that. Since I ended up going more drag oriented i sold them off and went back to stock.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I used to have those brakes and mine worked great with no change in feel like you are talking. I also had a lot of issues getting all the air out of the system. I ended up taking it down to a local place and had my brake system vacuum bled and my pedal was nice had firm after that. Since I ended up going more drag oriented i sold them off and went back to stock.

I went from a 14” Brembo BBK back to stock for weight reduction as well. I absolutely hate the reduced braking power I now have with the stock calipers.

I’m considering Baer’s lightweight 4 piston setup but waiting on feedback from them. I’m not switching again unless it provides noticeable improved brake stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I went from a 14” Brembo BBK back to stock for weight reduction as well. I absolutely hate the reduced braking power I now have with the stock calipers.

I’m considering Baer’s lightweight 4 piston setup but waiting on feedback from them. I’m not switching again unless it provides noticeable improved brake stopping power.

Yeah it’s funny. When I got the 6 piston I didn’t really notice it being much better stopping. But after a year of having them when I went back to stock it was very noticeably worse braking.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yeah it’s funny. When I got the 6 piston I didn’t really notice it being much better stopping. But after a year of having them when I went back to stock it was very noticeably worse braking.

Yea I have braided lines, good pads and fresh OEM brembo rotors and it’s not the best feeling at the end of the 1/4. I want something better without adding a ton of weight. A friend just bought the Baer lightweight setup so I’m waiting to see how he likes it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

If you're talking about the Baer Drag setup, lmk what you want to hear about them. I have them on my car..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Awesome.

Stopping power, pedal feel, brake fade and overall opinion versus the stock PBR brakes.

Well I haven’t ran the stock brakes in years. But I came from a big brake Baer kit. Alcon 4 piston setup with 13.5” rotors in the front and 13” rear setup.

The drag setup feels awesome. Stopping power is awesome obviously less than my old big brake kit but more so than my buddies stock setup for sure. No brake fade and stops my car from 140+ with ease. The pads are noisy as they are drag racing pads.

Users who are viewing this thread