Brake and clutch pedal wear?

Joe150

The 03-04 Cobras have this rubber surrounding the brake and clutch pedals, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you could reasonably expect some of the rubber to be missing around the pedals from wear on a Cobra with roughly 50k miles? How many miles does it usually take for that to start happening? Thanks for any help.

Joe150

FullSizeR1.jpg

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I have 6,050 miles worth of wear and the clutch pedal is worn pretty good. The brake pedal shows some wear but not as bad as the clutch. If the car is driven in the city a lot, that clutch pedal is going to catch hell.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I had to replace mine at 70k or so. The brake went first for me. They are about 60 bucks online for new "bullitt pedals." I never want to have to replace them again though. I am sure there is many threads on here how to (boil or use wd40). The issue i had was the way the pedals move when trying to put them on. Some people even take the drivers seat out to do them.

To answer your question though I think 50k is definately going to see some wear, and soon will wear through and will fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread