Brainstorm with me. (black out the emblems)

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Ok, I've done some looking on this already, but if I missed something send me a link. Basically, I'm looking to black out the emblems on the ol' terminator. The thing is, seeing that I have a matte black licence plate cover, and black COBRA bumper inserts, I think that if I black out the rear SVT that it would look really lopsided with the chrome FORD oval on the right side. Now, I've found black emblems, but it's just a black background. I need something that's blacked out with maybe a blue background so it will look clean alongside the other emblems. Is there someone who sells these? If not how could I go about doing it myself?

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Best bet would be to buy an extra from Ford and paint it yourself. The only other emblems I've seen are like the ones you mentioned with the chrome oval and black background.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Remove the Ford emblem all together in my opinion, and then get you a blacked out SVT emblem. Your car is Sonic right? If so, I'd def say ditch the Ford emblem.

greengt88

Established Member
there is a hole behind it....i have a black ford emblem overlay i'll sell u. and if ur gonna paint the svt and cobra fender emblems...rustoleum black hammertone finish works great. i did my emblems using that and they look great. Been that way for about 1.5yrs. i drive the car daily, it sits in the sun, sees rain and car washes every 1-2 weeks. looks great still. no peeling flaking cracking or chipping. i didn't prep the emblems in any way. other than a wipe off. just let them dry somewhere warm. a hot garage is perfect. u won't be disappointed. i did a grille cobra the same way. people won't notice it that much either til u point it out to them.

Last edited:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I'm guessing you are looking for something like this?

REARBADGES001.jpg

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I made it myself. I took two emblems apart and panted the bezel flat black and the back side of the logo black. Glued it back together after the paint was dry. You need two because on one you will damage the bezel saving the logo and the other you will damage the logo saving the bezel. I also painted the fender snakes and SVT logo flat black. The horse in the grill I changed out to one that was air brushed as a horse skeleton.

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Be smart.. nightshade your emblems.. it works and looks cool

This is here just to piss you off :)

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Be smart.. nightshade your emblems.. it works and looks cool

Not sure what you mean, but this stuff peels right off.

One more. These are all in the dark of night in the garage, will post daylight ones some other time.

3895582-l-0.jpg

Monster Mach

Established Member
Not sure what you mean, but this stuff peels right off.

One more. These are all in the dark of night in the garage, will post daylight ones some other time.

3895582-l-0.jpg
The tailight tint.. I did my horse in it.. it looks really good and holds up very well.. plus you get to determin how dark u want it

Jefe

Established Member
Sick! So you sprayed on the paint and it came off fine?

Users who are viewing this thread