BPS Ported TVS Dyno numbers in...

nrmustang

Established Member
Hi Everyone,

Well I just got back from having the '09 dyno tuned by Shaun @ AED on Friday, and I'm extremely happy with the results. We were pretty conservative with boost since California has bad gas, so I ended up with the mods below:

BPS ported Trinity TVS & BPS elbow (not a huge difference by porting I might add - See post 15 for more info)
Jay ported FRPP CJ65
2.754 pulley (yes, larger than stock)
13/14 injectors
JLT 123mm
STOCK CATS

I know I've seen higher number with the stock pulley and O/R H/X, but again, we played everything safe. What do you think?

GT500%20dyno%20sheet_zpsbfgqwt4x.gif
027_zpssw55addt.gif
030_zpsyhfpygqz.gif

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
645 nice numbers !

PS get rid of the cats- at that power level they will burn up !

nrmustang

Established Member
645 nice numbers !

PS get rid of the cats- at that power level they will burn up !

Yeah, I went back and forth on the O/R H. I actually have a Lethal H that I had on it for a day, but didn't like the fumes or the sound with my Force II Flowmasters. And I'm trying to keep as much smog legal as I can. Shaun was alright with that, however he did point out that they were starting to melt on the dyno :eek: so I might have to go O/R H out of necessity.

However, this thing sees 3-5K a year with primarily running errands around town. so they might last a while :thumbsup:

nxhappy

Established Member
ya I ended up with the stock muffs and the lethal H. It sounds pretty good. Not too loud and not too quiet. I had the corsa's and it was LOUD>

if your cats are melting LOL.....I would swap them asap. Boost can spike with the failed cats, and bye bye motor .

nrmustang

Established Member
I would go with stock mufflers too. Maybe one day we can connect so I can hear yours?

As far as the cats going out, he said they should be fine. Obviously this thing was getting wringed out on the dyno. But the bummer is, he said that if I go with the offroad H, that they generally see it run a whole point richer. So I'd have to make the trek back up there to get that ironed out all over again...

nrmustang

Established Member
Pretty close numbers to mine without the porting & stock 2.67 pulley. Wish we had some 93 octane here.

So with about 1psi less, the port work/elbow kept us within 1hp and i'm up about 8-9 lbft. Not too shabby!

How much of a difference did your Black Ops make?

nxhappy

Established Member
I would go with stock mufflers too. Maybe one day we can connect so I can hear yours?

As far as the cats going out, he said they should be fine. Obviously this thing was getting wringed out on the dyno. But the bummer is, he said that if I go with the offroad H, that they generally see it run a whole point richer. So I'd have to make the trek back up there to get that ironed out all over again...

ya that would be cool..we should have a mustang meet :)

rfugio68

Established Member
Yeah, I went back and forth on the O/R H. I actually have a Lethal H that I had on it for a day, but didn't like the fumes or the sound with my Force II Flowmasters. And I'm trying to keep as much smog legal as I can. Shaun was alright with that, however he did point out that they were starting to melt on the dyno :eek: so I might have to go O/R H out of necessity.

However, this thing sees 3-5K a year with primarily running errands around town. so they might last a while :thumbsup:
I have an orx in my 2010, with corsa mufflers it was way too loud. I added resonators and some mac mufflers and it was definitely quieter and extremely deep.

My current setup is orx, welded in resonators (quiet side), and magnaflow competition quad tip axleback. It sounds very good and is not extremely loud although I the mufflers are the size of my forearm. It also does not smell too bad for being catless.

nrmustang

Established Member
In all honesty though, I would've probably gone with a different company for the Port work/powdercoating. Not that BPS doesn't do good work. I just had a couple concerns.

1. Price point: It's obvious that vendors have to make money to stay in business. I get that. And Sylvain DID give me a discount for being an SVTP member. However, I have used other vendors in the past, and the quality of their work seemed much more "professional" I guess you could say. AND, a BIG "AND" is they don't tell you that since they're in Canada, be prepared to use a credit card with no FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES. Just imagine the look on my face when I got my statement (there went my discount).

2. Quality of work: Overall, most guys would be pretty satisfied. But just a couple things, such as with their "basic" port job for $450, they pretty much just port match the elbow to the blower, and grind down the EGR bolt recesses. This proved to be a problem, as it left only 2-3 threads on one of the EGR holes. I was concerned about it stripping, and after talking to BPS, they simply said, "they all come out like that. Just don't torque it to 90lb ft". I didn't, but I think it still stripped. Fortunately for me, I don't have any leaks. Also, that work does you no good unless you personally cut your EGR bolts down too. They stick out about an inch into the inlet.

Also, powder coating seemed a bit sloppy. It looks like there are "bubbles", but it's not. It just looks like the crinkle got crinkled up in a couple spots.

Overall, I'm happy. No, its not perfect. But for the price, it should've been a bit more high end without so many small compromises. I would recommend avoiding the interior port work unless your doing the cut/weld work. And for that, I'm sure you can find a better quality shop if you look around. Even guys that do it part time that aren't allowed to advertise their work here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread