Boycott FFW!

danponjican

Established Member
My brother posted this on his blog to explain...

Blog Link...

He has tried to post on the FFW forum and they keep deleting his posts. FFW is allowing criminals to participate and are even protecting them!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
FFW seems to be slowly dwindling away anyway. Car counts are getting lower and they seem to be deleting and combining classes. I don't think it'll be around to many more years. Sad that a pos like that still gets to have fun at others expense.

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
First I have heard too.... No offense but do you have any other info? Like posts or another person saying the same thing? Seems so onesided and also he said/he said.

If that's true though stay the fock away...

JimIII@jdm

I have been attending fun ford races for the last 4-5 years. This past year was my first year competitivly racing in the series. I ran street stang and was able to finish in 3rd place for the year. I had a great time, got to meet some of the guys in my class and develope alot of good friendships. We (JDM Engineering) have been sponsoring the Tough Truck Class for going ony 6 years i believe. My father has participated, helped build vehicles, and heavily promoted the class to build it from its minimal class count to one of the largest class FFW has. The people and staff who run and opperate FFW are a true class act. Everyone is your friend, they are there to help you, they want to see everyone have a safe and fun weekend. This series has been around for over 15 years!! Thousands and Thousnads of racers, specatators, family, and friends has attended these events. Most everyone I have ever met or seen at these races has an awesome time, the atmosphere is great, the cars are awesome, you really cant beat a fun ford weekend. If you have never been I highly suggest taking time for find one close to you and make plans to attend. Its one of the few ALL FORD racing series left out there. It truely caters to the blue oval faithfuls.

Fun Ford Weekend is not harbouring a criminal here. They have nothing to do with SD's previous wrong doings. They do not promote him in any way. He did win last years Ultra Stang Championship and was advertised as the champion. Thats it, his name was not promoted, they did not get him sponsors, they did not help him win. SD is a good drag racer, well he is good on the tree, from what i saw of him trying to drive a real drag car this year proves to me he is not a good driver.

I understand why someone who SD took advantage could be upset with Fun Ford Weekend for not banning him to race. But why should they? Im sure there are racers out there in many other series that have done some wrong doing in their lifetime or maybe screwed some enthusiasts out of money. But how do you ban them from a racing series just because of that. He did not cheat or do anything illegal at a FFW event. Im Sure if he built an NHRA car he would be allowed to race there!! Are you going to Boycott the NHRA if he does?? Obviously actions were taken against SD. Judgements were brought against him. That is why we have a Legal system. Im not saying its always right but its why we have it.

Do not Make this an issue with FFW. They simply did not want this arguement on their website which i could agree because it could be a very ugly thread. If you still have beef with SD. Go to a Race, find him, speak to him in person, or find some legal action to take against him. Rousting the internet boards to boycott FFW is only going to help bring and End to one of the greatest racing series I know and have ever been involved with!!

DO NOT BOYCOTT Fun Ford Weekend!!!!

JimIII

Last edited:

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I have been attending fun ford races for the last 4-5 years. This past year was my first year competitivly racing in the series. I ran street stang and was able to finish in 3rd place for the year. I had a great time, got to meet some of the guys in my class and develope alot of good friendships. We (JDM Engineering) have been sponsoring the Tough Truck Class for going ony 6 years i believe. My father has participated, helped build vehicles, and heavily promoted the class to build it from its minimal class count to one of the largest class FFW has. The people and staff who run and opperate FFW are a true class act. Everyone is your friend, they are there to help you, they want to see everyone have a safe and fun weekend. ................the greatest racing series I know and have ever been involved with!!

JimIII

And a good point from the other end....

RCK_JMS

Established Member
I have been attending fun ford races for the last 4-5 years. This past year was my first year competitivly racing in the series. I ran street stang and was able to finish in 3rd place for the year. I had a great time, got to meet some of the guys in my class and develope alot of good friendships. We (JDM Engineering) have been sponsoring the Tough Truck Class for going ony 6 years i believe. My father has participated, helped build vehicles, and heavily promoted the class to build it from its minimal class count to one of the largest class FFW has. The people and staff who run and opperate FFW are a true class act. Everyone is your friend, they are there to help you, they want to see everyone have a safe and fun weekend. This series has been around for over 15 years!! Thousands and Thousnads of racers, specatators, family, and friends has attended these events. Most everyone I have ever met or seen at these races has an awesome time, the atmosphere is great, the cars are awesome, you really cant beat a fun ford weekend. If you have never been I highly suggest taking time for find one close to you and make plans to attend. Its one of the few ALL FORD racing series left out there. It truely caters to the blue oval faithfuls.

Not for nothing but no one, it seems, that has anything to do with FFW likes SD Wheeler, personally I do not. He puts on an act to be your friend or a nice guys sometimes at the track then turns around and does the exact opposite. He has on more than several occasions deserved an ass whooping from fellow racers. Still those who know him better just do not pay attention to him.

Fun Ford Weekend is not harbouring a criminal here. They have nothing to do with SD's previous wrong doings. They do not promote him in any way. He did win last years Ultra Stang Championship and was advertised as the champion. Thats it, his name was not promoted, they did not get him sponsors, they did not help him win. SD is a good drag racer, well he is good on the tree, from what i saw of him trying to drive a real drag car this year proves to me he is not a good driver.

I understand why someone who SD took advantage could be upset with Fun Ford Weekend for not banning him to race. But why should they? Im sure there are racers out there in many other series that have done some wrong doing in their lifetime or maybe screwed some enthusiasts out of money. But how do you ban them from a racing series just because of that. He did not cheat or do anything illegal at a FFW event. Im Sure if he built an NHRA car he would be allowed to race there!! Are you going to Boycott the NHRA if he does?? Obviously actions were taken against SD. Judgements were brought against him. That is why we have a Legal system. Im not saying its always right but its why we have it.

Do not Make this an issue with FFW. They simply did not want this arguement on their website which i could agree because it could be a very ugly thread. If you still have beef with SD. Go to a Race, find him, speak to him in person, or find some legal action to take against him. Rousting the internet boards to boycott FFW is only going to help bring and End to one of the greatest racing series I know and have ever been involved with!!

JimIII

And a good point from the other end....

Yeah its a good point. Im still boycotting the SOBs

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
I think this is the most retarded thing i have read. boycott? man, i would hate to see what you would do to Bill Clinton for smoking that stogy!

saMxp

Established Member
I think this is the most retarded thing i have read. boycott?
Stick around the internet a while, you'll see. :D
man, i would hate to see what you would do to Bill Clinton for smoking that stogy!
Yep. You would!

On topic - no one is expecting FFW to run criminal background checks and banning scumbags like SD Wheeler. But deleting thread after thread in an attempt to hide it, on the pretense that it is a "racing forum" and not the place for these types of grievances? Please. All those guys do all day on that forum is smack talk. There's no technical discussion. But when someone brings up skeletons in the closet, let's delete the thread, quick! Don't want anyone looking in my own!

Utlimately, they wisely decided not to delete one of the threads. If there were any flames being thrown, it was their own throwing them at me. Whatever. This was half a decade ago. This guy will get whats coming to him. In the meantime, he's definitely a vendor I would stay away from. You see anything being sold by one of his DBA's or many aliases, stay away. That's all.

Should you boycott FFW? It's up to you. I'm sure there are tons of good guys in that group, like Jim. With all due respect, I just wouldn't feel comfortable supporting an event that defends thugs that have ripped off fellow stangers the way SD did.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
i am sure there are alot of people unahppy with FFW here in So Cal

they cancelled one of the days here..i think it was SUNDAY.. the biggest day of it all one would think!!

racebronco2

Established Member
It was cancelled cause of high winds. I was there on sunday at cal speedway but we (autoxers running in lot 13) had to cancel our event cause of the wind. The wind was so bad that even when we did double up on the cones they were still blowing away. We had 3 porta-potty's blow at least 100 yards away from where they were left the day before into a ditch. 50 gallon trash cans were being blow around. You had to be really careful when exiting and entering you cars.

JimIII@jdm

It was cancelled cause of high winds. I was there on sunday at cal speedway but we (autoxers running in lot 13) had to cancel our event cause of the wind. The wind was so bad that even when we did double up on the cones they were still blowing away. We had 3 porta-potty's blow at least 100 yards away from where they were left the day before into a ditch. 50 gallon trash cans were being blow around. You had to be really careful when exiting and entering you cars.

Seriously Sunday was a mess I wouldnt have raced that day if you payed me, the winds were waayyyyy to high to run. If there are people in so cal pissed cause the couldnt run sunday image how i felt comming from New Jersey!!! Its not FFW's fault, they made the right call the winds were insane!

JimIII

02stampede

Established Member
Kind of a dead thread but that wheeler guy has ripped off a bunch of people over at modulardepot.com forums. Theres a bunch of threads on it. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY PARTS FROM!!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Still not a reason to boycot an event IMO, but you should always go with you gut. If that is what you feel is right then by all means do not go.

fastlad1990

Established Member
I have been to a few FFW as a spectator. I always had a great time. This will be the first year I will be raceing. The bottom line is as a business you will never please everyone, so why try to?

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
I agree with JR. he is a class act. I have always had a great time at FFW. WHo cares about SD?

One more thing. Always check out the people you buy from. Ask around and you will hear if something underhanded is going on. Only do biz with people you trust like JDM.

Last edited:

Eddie Z

Established Member
Why doesn't someone that's been "ripped" off by this certain individual just attend a FFW event and punch him in his mouth!? I know I would if someone took money from me that easily!

I'm getting REALLY irritated of hearing people getting ripped off lately..

Last edited:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
im not going to boycott ffw because some jackass steals money. i have a great time at the event every year and im not going to let some asshat i have never met ruin that.

Users who are viewing this thread