Bowling Green roll call?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Just wondering who's going out there and running what classes. I've never been to an NMRA race, don't really have an idea what goes on but it sounds like a good reason for a road trip and try out some low elevation air! My car will be driven the whole 2300 mile trip. We have at least 3 cars coming out from CO, one (Travis Akins) was invited to KOTS and I guess myself and the other are going to try Modular Muscle? The new Modified Coyote class sounds cool but my car is tuned for E85 so that's not happening.
Anybody else besides the usual shop cars making laps out there?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Not running but going for the swap meet and watch some racing. Its only an hour and a half from my house... we go every year.

Coonsnake

Established Member
We will be there, my wife will be racing her car in superstang. If you run drag radials this is the best bracket class to run imo, mod muscle is full of transbrake cars. We will be setup in the vendor section so stop by and say hello.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Thanks, on slicks with a 6R80 so no brake. Guess it doesn't really fit well in any class

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Thanks, on slicks with a 6R80 so no brake. Guess it doesn't really fit well in any class

Why not run True Street? I think you'd do a damn good job with some low elevation air :banana: Plus, you get to cruise with a load of cool cars and enjoy some Bowling Green scenery :beer:

Wish I was going, I'd do True Street in a heart beat. Only bad thing I guess would be heat soak during the 3 passes

poof100

Established Member
I will be there with my 2013 Turbo Boss along with Al Davis' 2011 Turbo GT that is participating in the 5.0 KOTS competition. We will be there setup with the whole JPC crew as well from Thursday on, so stop by and say hi.

I "believe" they are trying to do another 5.0 shootout there in addition to the Terminator/Shelby shootout. Haven't gotten a definite on it, but last we heard, we were going to run in it. The problem is the overlap with the KOTS deal as there will be a lot of 5.0s in the KOTS race. If it doesn't happen, I probably have to race in Mod Muscle due to the 2 step although I'd rather run in SST.

Can't wait for the race though, always a good time.

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
We will be there, my wife will be racing her car in superstang. If you run drag radials this is the best bracket class to run imo, mod muscle is full of transbrake cars. We will be setup in the vendor section so stop by and say hello.

What do you vend?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I'll be there too, but just Saturday and a little on Sunday. We are trailering my car down to save the drag radials as its almost 4hrs away. I look forward to meeting some of you.

Bud

Established Member
2300 miles roundtrip....now that is TRUE street!

Gonna be a good time for sure, can't wait to do some racing and drink some beers. Nothing like a 16 hour drive to go find some sea level air. I don't care what class I end up in, I just want some stupid fast time slips to bring back home

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we will be there as always

I will be there with my 2013 Turbo Boss along with Al Davis' 2011 Turbo GT that is participating in the 5.0 KOTS competition. We will be there setup with the whole JPC crew as well from Thursday on, so stop by and say hi.

I "believe" they are trying to do another 5.0 shootout there in addition to the Terminator/Shelby shootout. Haven't gotten a definite on it, but last we heard, we were going to run in it. The problem is the overlap with the KOTS deal as there will be a lot of 5.0s in the KOTS race. If it doesn't happen, I probably have to race in Mod Muscle due to the 2 step although I'd rather run in SST.

Can't wait for the race though, always a good time.

the kots has 3 runs on Friday night, and that's it, and that's after the nmra qualifying.

as far as a lot of cars. kots usually invites 10 cars, and 6 to 7 usually end up showing. people always break, or don't get their stuff together, or don't put down the numbers they thought they were.

I am hoping for some good shootout / grudge action

Coonsnake

Established Member
we will be there as always

the kots has 3 runs on Friday night, and that's it, and that's after the nmra qualifying.

as far as a lot of cars. kots usually invites 10 cars, and 6 to 7 usually end up showing. people always break, or don't get their stuff together, or don't put down the numbers they thought they were.

I am hoping for some good shootout / grudge action

+1, nothing like a good match race to get people motivated:banana:

Are you bringing the red car? If so you and Elisa should have a friendly match race:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread