Bowling Green, KY 2003 SVT Shootout - last pre-post!

Dr. Jamie Meyer

Why would you lift?
Established Member
Okay folks, we are down to the last couple of days. I wanted to put up one more post for everyone since most of you will be driving out tomorrow. For those of you who are just checking in, the first 2003 SVT Cobra shootout is going down this weekend, Sept. 27-29 at Bowling Green, KY during the NMRA World Finals.

I still can't post a definitive price for this event. The reason is that NMRA is going to cut the cost if you choice to not race in the Modular Muscle class on Sunday. I hope most of you will compete in that class on Sunday, but it will mean that you have to become an NMRA Member.

I can conservatively estimate 30-40 '03s in competition in the Street Tire and Race Tire classes. Most racers and shop owners are promising me twice that, but I don't want to over estimate this race. It does look very promising, though. This should include a bunch of 11-second cars, a couple 10-second cars, and MAYBE a 9-second 03 Cobra. If you choose not to race your new car, please bring it out for the car show or just to hang out. Your participation is critical toward the future of these races.

NMRA has expanded trophies to cover the top 10 qualified cars in each class. I have also been informed over the last couple of days that many generous sponsors have stepped up. WE WILL HAVE A TON OF FREE STUFF TO GIVE OUT. Amazon Racing and Diablo Racing (your official sponsors) as well as Metco, UPR, SVT, and several others will have parts, T-shirts, parts, hats, parts, and a ton of other goodies to give out to the winners and participants.

I have been promised expanded magazine coverage of this event. NMRA Race Pages, 5.0 Mustang magazine, and Muscle Mustangs will all be running several page features on this first time 2003 SVT Cobra shootout!

I am going to work for round-by-round internet updates on qualifying times for those unfortunate few who can not make this event in person. If they are not posted here, please refer to WWW.NMRARACING.COM for updates and winners. Hopefully, in the following week, we will have racer vids, pix, etc.

This has the potential to be a VERY special event. I want to thank all of the energetic participants in advance for their support as well as thank our generous sponsors.

See you all in Bowling Green, KY this weekend.
If you need anything, please post here.
If you need to reach me during the event, I'll be in the tower announcing the action! Let's pump it up!!!!!

Thanks,
Jamie

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
This is going to be one AWESOME event!!! Special thanks to Jamie for putting this all together! It takes alot of work to setup an event like this. In my opinion this is the baddest production car that Ford has ever built. The handling. power, braking, the ride and of coarse the great looks is the total package of what a performance car should be. I feel very fortunate to be involved in this event and the good people that will be a part of it.
Thanks to All
Rick

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
This is going to be one AWESOME event!!! Special thanks to Jamie for putting this all together! It takes alot of work to setup an event like this. In my opinion this is the baddest production car that Ford has ever built. The handling. power, braking, the ride and of coarse the great looks is the total package of what a performance car should be. I feel very fortunate to be involved in this event and the good people that will be a part of it.
Thanks to All
Rick

Hey Rick, my car's still in the bodyshop and I'm supposed to get it back Friday. I won't be able to make it this weekend. I really wanted to go, so fill me in on the events when you get back. I'll be interested to see what works the best as far as the mods go.

Good luck to everyone in Bowling Green, especially on the drive down...
Get some pictures if you can!!!
John

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I would also like to say thanks to Jamie for putting this all together , I think everyone should say thanks to Jamie he made this all possible!:thumbsup:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Remember to take lots of pictures!

This forum is going to be alot of fun after you guys return with all the good stories to share with us... and the pics too!

Hammer

Established Member
I'll be there giving it my best in stock tire class, but my Batman costume won't be back from the dry cleaners in time.

:(

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by Hammer
Ibut my Batman costume won't be back from the dry cleaners in time. :(

I have some old Batman Underoo's I can bring for ya. My suitcase has room;-)

jason

Users who are viewing this thread