Bourbon draw. Your first pick?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have heard 15 year is where its at supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I have heard that as well, but I remember a long time ago, before the whiskey craze really kicked off. There was a show that had the CEO or one of the family members of the distillery on it, he was making an old fashioned with a 20 year pappy and said they call it "butter whiskey" because it has a soft buttery feel on the tongue.

Ever since, I've wanted to try it lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Absolutely amazing. I would love to run into that deal. It’s incredibly hard just to find shots of it for a somewhat reasonable price around me. Hell, my wife and i were in vegas in October and there was a bar there that would give you a shot for 250$..

Where are you in CO? Probably 6 years ago I had a 12 year pappy up in Golden and it was $13 per shot. I had 2 of them.

I'll ask my wife where we were. I know of other places that generally have it and I think it's around that price.

You can PM if you want.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Pappy and Pappy because I haven’t had it yet.

I get Weller frequently and at a good price.

I bought a bottle of Belvenie Rum Cask Scotch and it seemed to be a hit with my coworkers Monday night. One of the other guys bought Michters and another bought Dalmore.

IMG_7510.JPG

My math may be off but, I think a quarter midget is a garden gnome.

tistan

Established Member
If pappy's was really under $200 and obtainable, then that would be it. For obtainable whiskey it's hard to beat Blanton's.

MFE

Established Member
Old Rip 10 and then a Weller 12. Same mash bill, different finish, but both smooth as silk. I love my Wheaters.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
One of my local grocery stores is doing a bottle raffle tomorrow night. I'm not going to even bother going, I'm not interesting in standing in line waiting for them to possibly draw my name for the "opportunity" to buy a bottle. Most of them are a little over retail, but not terrible. It'll probably be mostly flippers and collectors there, which I'm neither.

1670533489814.png

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Where are you in CO? Probably 6 years ago I had a 12 year pappy up in Golden and it was $13 per shot. I had 2 of them.

I'll ask my wife where we were. I know of other places that generally have it and I think it's around that price.

You can PM if you want.

I’m in Castle Rock, I’m almost willing to go anywhere if i can find it for something reasonable.

That’s awesome. I would of killed for 13$ a shot my god.

dwest731

Established Member
Some hate on Angels Envy but that’s one of my favorites. Their rye is the only rye I’m a fan of.

I got a bottle of Stag Jr last year during our raffle. Really good stuff!

Geno-04

Established Member
My go to’s and what I just picked up this weekend

Attachments

• 083C148A-055F-4FB5-8FDD-A21B91C37623.jpeg
    083C148A-055F-4FB5-8FDD-A21B91C37623.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 72
  • C5FF067E-02AB-49E9-8309-997F8DA6C8E0.jpeg
    C5FF067E-02AB-49E9-8309-997F8DA6C8E0.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 73

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Dumb Question:

I have a Jack Daniels 4th-July promo bottle/glass set [Box/Package Undated] that I bought way back in 2010/2011... can't confirm exactly when.
It's the "cheap stuff" but came with a nice logo-etched shot-glass & logo-etched drinking glass.
I tried looking for a control number, on the bottle itself, so I can call Jack Daniels directly to see "how old it is".

Sat in the back of a kitchen cabinet this entire time behind "everything else" until I found it during this past Christmas.

Would this be considered "aged"?

Should I continue to hold on to it & let it sit longer?

Or it doesn't matter on the cheap stuff & go ahead and "enjoy it"?

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Dumb Question:

I have a Jack Daniels 4th-July promo bottle/glass set [Box/Package Undated] that I bought way back in 2010/2011... can't confirm exactly when.
It's the "cheap stuff" but came with a nice logo-etched shot-glass & logo-etched drinking glass.
I tried looking for a control number, on the bottle itself, so I can call Jack Daniels directly to see "how old it is".

Sat in the back of a kitchen cabinet this entire time behind "everything else" until I found it during this past Christmas.

Would this be considered "aged"?

Should I continue to hold on to it & let it sit longer?

Or it doesn't matter on the cheap stuff & go ahead and "enjoy it"?
"Ageing" only happens in the barrel...NOT in the bottle. Drink it and enjoy.

FYI...Jack is Tennessee Sippin' Whisky...NOT Bourbon.

Drink it

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
1) OFBB alll day on that list

2) EHT SiB would probably be my next pick, but it's the luck of the draw or getting one from a store with a solid pick team, with SiB's.

So many good pours not on that list and way too few Brown Forman products.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Been drinking this for a while. You can go, double shot two ice cubes , or add fruit punch, or add Coke. 100 proof keeps it real. Never disappoints.
20230201_021333.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread