bought the wife a new unit

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Pretty nice upgrade I think. Went from a loaded v6 equinox to a brand new LTZ tahoe. I had the black emblems put on I think it adds a lot to it. 22in wheels, heavy duty tow package and every option minus power running boards. not bad my 5ft 4in hottie wife with no kids lol

IMG_20150828_185703712_zpst7ffkl8l.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice. Congrats to her. Looks like a very nice vehicle. I haven't had an SUV since my '02 Infiniti QX4 so I can't judge any of them. I did rent a Ford Explorer the other day and was very impressed. I like your color choice. :beer:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Did you buy or lease? Those full size SUVs are big bucks, especially for the top trim model. I don't know how anyone affords it.

Zemedici

Established Member
God I love those tahoes. Lucky wife! Hahaha I'm debating picking one up for a daily myself. No real reason to have a truck that big, aside from wanting one! Hahaha

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Every time I see one now the first thing that comes to mind is that it's a hearse. Just looks long in the rear I guess.

They do look great otherwise though. 6 liter?

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
Nice Truck! Congrats on your purchase. I've grown quite fond of the Tahoes. Ive never been a chevy fan but I drive a Tahoe on duty (Paramedic fly car) and am very impressed with their durability.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Did you buy or lease? Those full size SUVs are big bucks, especially for the top trim model. I don't know how anyone affords it.

no put a few bucks down and financed it. Its a healthy MSRP truck but its something she will have for a long time (hopefully) and with us talking about kids maybe next year just get it now. She drive around my denali duramax so its not that hard for her to drive this thing. plus working for Chevy has its advantages lol. its a 5.3L getting a tune in a week or two from my buddy just bc. Ive been thinking about looking for a used blower setup but thats down the road.

Last edited:

CLN 6R

Established Member
My Dad bought a '15 Suburban LTZ from my work back in January. Thing is awesome. Built very well and super comfortable. Drove it 2000 miles on vacation 2 months ago pulling my Jet Ski and it ate up the miles with no sweat.

11044651-8D20-4D5C-89F5-2F06D69C826C_zpsnvurnakw.jpg

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
no put a few bucks down and financed it. Its a healthy MSRP truck but its something she will have for a long time (hopefully) and with us talking about kids maybe next year just get it now. She drive around my denali duramax so its not that hard for her to drive this thing. plus working for Chevy has its advantages lol. its a 5.3L getting a tune in a week or two from my buddy just bc. Ive been thinking about looking for a used blower setup but thats down the road.

Good call. We bought the Edge when we were talking about having our first kid. It's not big enough. You got it right on the first try.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Good call. We bought the Edge when we were talking about having our first kid. It's not big enough. You got it right on the first try.

What? How the **** do you fill an Edge with one kid? Its the same size as the outgoing Explorer(body on frame).

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
What? How the **** do you fill an Edge with one kid? Its the same size as the outgoing Explorer(body on frame).

Do you have kids?

You run out of space real quick. Strollers, diaper bags, toys, clothes, all of your wifes shit, oh and then your stuff in the tiny corner that remains. Nevermind bikes or other equipment.

Kids are expensive and use all the room.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Nice looking truck Kevin! The new Tahoes finally grew on me. My mother had an LTZ 09 and it was a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread