Bought the most neglected Cobra ever

DSCobra01

Established Member
Great job and thanks for saving this car! Please tell me you documented this whole process on YouTube because this is something I would love to watch. The progress is amazing!

Helomech74

Established Member
They are TMI seats. I got them because they match the interior perfectly. I had some Cypher seats initially, but the mismatch drove me insane.

View attachment 1549872

What's the model name of the seats? I was looking at the TMI website and seen several types, but didn't see these. I probably overlooked them. Did you order directly from TMI or through a different vendor?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
.....They are TMI seats. I got them because they match the interior perfectly. I had some Cypher seats initially, but the mismatch drove me insane.

View attachment 1549872
Smart move. The Cypher seats look nice, but the color mismatch is glaring. Those TMI seats definitely look like a perfect color match; and look factory or custom. The interior in general looks really nice. That Mustang has been reborn. ;)

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
What in the actual **** is up with those injectors? Excellent progress thus far, keep it up man.

I suppose they were leaking, so PO JB welded them all in place!

Great job and thanks for saving this car! Please tell me you documented this whole process on YouTube because this is something I would love to watch. The progress is amazing!

We might do a few videos but haven't done any yet. I have a face for radio. :D

What's the model name of the seats? I was looking at the TMI website and seen several types, but didn't see these. I probably overlooked them. Did you order directly from TMI or through a different vendor?

I got them from CJ Pony Parts:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/tmi-sea...ory-correct-medium-parchment-pair/p/SEAT203P/

Here's the motor as it sits:

upload_2019-2-7_20-41-18.png

Here's the before. In addition to all the JB weld, the PO used the rest of the Flex Seal (I found the can) to paint the engine bay, alternator, etc.

upload_2019-2-7_20-42-23.png

Here's the trunk with it's K-member that goes on after the IRS rebuild. I wish I had a before. There were kids toys, syringes, broken glass, etc. strewn about. The trunk interior parts (and floor) were spray painted red, and a quart of gear oil (that ultimately made it's way into the seats and carpets) was busted open and had filled the spare tire well. I cleaned everything up, put in new (to me) trunk interior, and added a trunk mat.

upload_2019-2-7_20-45-3.png

I went with UPR for the K-member (but will be doing MM for the coil overs) so that I can run two of these:

upload_2019-2-7_20-45-46.png

Before that, I need to pull the engine, have it refreshed, and have the engine bay repainted. I may end up going with a budget forged shortblock if it's cheaper. Will probably send the heads to Fox Lake for a basic rebuild; they did an amazing job on my 04 Cobra's.

Helomech74

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Did you use the included sliders or did you use a different brand? I read in the description that using the included sliders will increase the seat height by 2" which I'm trying to avoid. I might give these a try, but see if I can use a Double locking slider and seat mount from Wedge.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Wow, this is amazing. Can you rebuild my 02 True Blue Vert GT like this? Lol.

Thank you for posting the link to the seats, my project Stang has an identical interior and I was looking for a worthy replacement.

My project car has a similar story. The car was severely neglected and used as work truck for the final days of its life. It only has 104k on the drivetrain but the motor is hurt (rod knock)

I was thinking of a N/A 4V swap and turning it into a gloried cruiser. I bought it for pennies by the way...

So far the fuel pump is replaced, new e-brake cables, and battery...but I have long way to go. Here is mine:

7cca92d583946bbe18b49525e368edf7.jpg

4e0eb5869055821f9f2e467b2799730c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViciousJay

Established Member
Love the interior but if I would have done it, it would have been black but to each is their own.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you dont mind, could you divulge how much you paid to get it back to its stock form? Curious if there is a margin there compared to the value of the car itself in the condition you restored it to.

98Vobra

Established Member
I have been looking at the seats that you put in your Cobra Project, unfortunately it says in the description that they wont fit a 94-98 convertible due to the factory seat belt retractors, could you send me a picture of how your seat belts attach to the floors? Also, how do you like the seats? Are they quality seats, how do they feel? Also, they are supposed to be 2" higher, do you notice it at all or is that any issue with the style bar?

Users who are viewing this thread