Bought an 04 3 door SVT Focus today, I like it!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Well I finally found one that was traded in at a dealer near by that was reasonably priced and in reasonable good shape.

It still needs to go through the safety check and clean up at the Toyota dear it is at, so I don't actually pick it up until about Wednesday. I am already chomping at the bit after test driving it with my wife today and telling them YES!:banana::rockon::pepper::dancenana:

I am pretty jazzed about this close to perfect daily driver addition to my SVT vehicles collection, which is now up to two.

127,000+ miles
3 door
Silver
18" Oz wheels in good shape
Good clutch
Engine sounds healthy, no funny noises
Body and paint in pretty good shape

First time diving one was today, I like it, it has and does what I was expecting. The significantly diminished torque is livable for me in this case, considering the significant pending improvement in fuel economy.

When I get it home I will post some pics and later begin the Royal Purple fluids conversion process.

ChargedFocus

Established Member
I know what you mean about just purchasing it and being pretty excited about it. I literally did what you did about 4 days ago. I just picked my car up on Friday. Put over 180 miles on it driving around all day.

I just got me a 2003 3-door svt focus. It's the screaming yellow with the euro and cold weather package. Lowered with H&R springs and shocks, supercharged with a Jackson racing supercharger, and has a snow performance methanol injection kit. Overall almost perfect exterior and interior. Lastly about 66,680 when I picked it up.

Looks to be the car that will most likely get me hooked on svt for the rest of my life in all honesty. I'm only 17 so as a second car, it's a pretty nice one.

But looks as if you got a pretty cool svt as well man. Great job!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks! I have liked these ever since they first came out, but never got to drive one until today, since I was always working at a Lincoln/Merc dealer and not a Ford dealer.

Yours sounds really tricked out. As soon as possible you should sign up to do an open track/HPDE event.
Talk about getting hooked on something, I do not believe it is possible to have more fun in a car with your pants still on.:beer::rockon:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I loved mine when I had it, I really loved the HID's. I liked the handeling way more then a buddys Mini Cooper too. I was always impressed how much stuff I could carry in the hatch trunk. It carried a 5.0 shortblock from PA to Indy in the trunk with seats up and trunk cover on. No sagging suspension.

Last edited:

ChargedFocus

Established Member
As far as they go mines on the more modified side of things. Hoping that it last a while. It's my new DD. I just traded a 2000 grand prix se sedan. Had the 3.1L v6 and was pretty stock. Let's just say that this handles 1000x better and is way faster, so I am defiantly a very happy man now.

And the best part, I am a senior in highschool, and now that the last years cars are gone, I might have the fastest car in my school. Only real competition are automatic 2011+ camaros and mustangs.

Anyways. Thank you, and sounds like you got a deal too man. Good job!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Jimmy, my kid had one that he got new back in 03, but has since sold it. It was a great car, handled well and seemed to brake better than my Cobra. I also really loved the seats.
Old pic for reference.
004.jpg

BBCOBRA

Established Member
GL with the focus. I'm also buying one this week. Looking forward to upgrading from my 94 civic hatch. I like the civic but it has 267K on it now and time to move on. I found a Comp. Orange zx3 Euro eddition. I'll post up pics too when I get mine.

I was also looking at that SY in charlotte. Nice but too modded up for my use. I was looking for a stock daily driver. Sure would have been nice to have the SY to match my SY cobra.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I can only imagine how impressive these things were when they were brand new because this thing with 127,000 miles on it feels so taunt, crisp and composed when tossed that I was immediately grinning from ear to ear.

Hardly any rattles too! My 04 Cobra with 100,000 less miles rattles more.:eek:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I can only imagine how impressive these things were when they were brand new because this thing with 127,000 miles on it feels so taunt, crisp and composed when tossed that I was immediately grinning from ear to ear.

Hardly any rattles too! My 04 Cobra with 100,000 less miles rattles more.:eek:

Just wait till you can really thrash it on a windy road, it's what these cars were built for and they excel at it. :beer:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I picked up my competition orange zx3 euro eddition yesterday. Drove it to work today. I love it. I'm moving up from a 94 civic hatch with power nothing and AC that did not work so this is quite an upgrade in a daily driver for me.

Here's mine. I love the way this thing drives, rides and handles. A little heavier than my civic but the handling and power more than make up for it.

100_5448.jpg

100_5446.jpg

Last edited:

Stevarino8

Established Member
It is tough to find a SVTF or SVTC with under 50K miles as the SVT Mustangers and SVT F-150ers are using them as daily drivers. As gas prices climb more, and they will, it will even be more difficult to locate one.

As for the EAP Focuses hold on to them they may be collector's items in ten years or so--love those Recaros!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
yeah I like the recaros too. Mine has 94K on it. Its still very tight with no rattles. I'm very pleased with it. getting 32-33 mpg with it going back and forth to work.

jvert

Established Member
Great cars! I have about one year with mine and it's been a blast. I got it with 34,500 miles. It's a red 5 door svt focus and I love it. It's lowered with h and r springs front and back tower braces. I average 30 mpg. I also have the new engine motor mounts. It was set up for open track racing. But I have yet to take it out. It's my dd. Good to see another member of the foci group.

Pedalpower

Established Member
Just Bought My Second SVTF

I just picked up my second SVTF, the first had 146k and was handed off to my son. The new one is an 04 silver EAP with 33k, copletely stock, and I am very happy. Bought it off of ebay and it actually was a great experience. The previous owner picked us up at the airport, had the car filled up, and had a new Conti DWS mounted on a wheel that wasn't in the listing. Everything looks and run like new. My other one was in great shape but the new one really showed how worn 146k feels compared to the new one. I was hoping that I would be able to get a used Porsche Boxster at this point but I am enjoying the new to me ride!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
congrats again Jimmy! Get some pics of that thing posted up. I love my 49k mile 04 3 door! I told the wife the other day that I might think about selling it for a new ford exploder limited or the new focus ST since she is unwilling to get rid of her srt4 caliber POS..............She just laughed at me and said "you wont sell that car"

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Today is the first day I have driven the Cobra since picking up the Focus.

I have completely fallen in love with this car!

However due to it having 127,000 miles on it and not knowing if it still has the original timing belt or not, I PARKED IT and will be driving the Mustang until I get the T-belt done. I've been reading and printing timing belt related "how to" write ups.

I will update as I go. Now to find those crazy sized torx bits.:beer:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Today is the first day I have driven the Cobra since picking up the Focus.

I have completely fallen in love with this car!

However due to it having 127,000 miles on it and not knowing if it still has the original timing belt or not, I PARKED IT and will be driving the Mustang until I get the T-belt done. I've been reading and printing timing belt related "how to" write ups.

I will update as I go. Now to find those crazy sized torx bits.:beer:

good luck buddy. looking forward to a jimmysidecarr "how to" just in case I keep my svtf long enough to need a t-belt swap.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
good luck buddy. looking forward to a jimmysidecarr "how to" just in case I keep my svtf long enough to need a t-belt swap.

Even though your SVT only has 49k on it the timing belt is still going on eight years old and rubber belts age sitting still, it's not all about mileage.

I'd get it replaced if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread