Bought a cobra with a tune but no tuner...

WinnipegGuy

Established Member
Bought a 03’ cobra that has a tune on it but the original owner didn’t transfer the hand held tuner to the second owner. I’m now the 3rd owner and am looking to upgrade some parts but am clueless about tuners. I have no idea who tuned it or what they used but the car seems to drive nice and has decent power without any issues I’m aware of.

Would whatever tuner I buy take the current tune as the cars “stock” file? Any recommendations as far as tuners go

Currently has a stage 4 steggy, mafia, cat back exhaust, kn intake, a/f meter. Basically stock as far as cobras go lol.

I will be adding a bbk catless x pipe in the near future and potentially more power adders before the driving season is over up here in Canada.
Any help is very much appreciated.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yeah, SCT tuners put whatever correct tune in is the ECU in the spot reserved for the stock tune. That's what ended up happening with mine.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I’m not reading this properly, are you saying whatever tune the ecu has currently( aftermarket) the sct will consider as my stock tune.
Sorry. Autocorrect got me. But yes, the SCT hand held will treat your current tune as the stock tune. Diablosport can do it too, but takes a little more work.

decipha

Established Member
check with your tuner before going the xcal route. Most advanced tuners use a moates quarterhorse to do realtime tuning on the eec-v's so you might be buying a handheld thats not even going to be used.

Users who are viewing this thread