Bought a 2015 Shark Gray C7 Z06...

ROMM

Established Member
Woa woa woa! So you daily an RS7??? Does it have an APR tune? I want one so bad! I would buy an RS7 over a C7 Z06 any day. Awesome that you have both!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Woa woa woa! So you daily an RS7??? Does it have an APR tune? I want one so bad! I would buy an RS7 over a C7 Z06 any day. Awesome that you have both!

Yes. APR tuned. Ran 10.7@129 tune only. I posted a video of it at the track somewhere on this forum.

SirShaun

Established Member
Nice and welcome back. Are those the competition seats? Do they heat/cool the competition seats? Going to need to see some interior shots to appreciate the 3LZ lol.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Awesome, Awesome pick up OP! Shark gray is easily one of the best colors on the C7. I have the exact same car in Black. Get the borla x pipe and open that sound up!

41867722902_ec4310264a_c.jpg
TBC03557 by D.C. 83, on Flickr

40103723330_7eee8cc51d_c.jpg
TBC03567 by D.C. 83, on Flickr

R1Lello

Established Member
Nice buy - great color choice! I can't help think back on the corvette forums a few years back with the nutswingers saying it's the last and best blah, blah, blah therefore it will hold it's value. Where are they now ? :) You got a great deal :)

ArabianOak

Established Member
OP, did you get the wicker-bill and front wiglets that completes the stage 3 aero, with the car?

yes sir...there on the car now...lol. PO opted to NOT put them on, but had them sitting in his garage (thank God) all boxed up. I think those items look great! Not sure why the original owner didn't put them on.

ArabianOak

Established Member

ArabianOak

Established Member
Nice buy - great color choice! I can't help think back on the corvette forums a few years back with the nutswingers saying it's the last and best blah, blah, blah therefore it will hold it's value. Where are they now ? :) You got a great deal :)

Yes, I really held out for a C7ZR1 for a good deal but that's not happening, this year at least! Furthermore, from all my research the ZR1 isn't really THAT much better than a C7Z06. I'm not saying I wouldn't want one...lol...i'm just saying it's hard to justify paying double for a car that doesn't outperform it by double!

My hope is the C7Z06 has depreciated almost as much as it should the next year or two and mine holds decent value.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Nice and welcome back. Are those the competition seats? Do they heat/cool the competition seats? Going to need to see some interior shots to appreciate the 3LZ lol.

They are heated and cooled. I’ve only used the heat setting. Very comfy.

Here’s the window sticker.

DA48E568-7F18-42D3-9510-315A54CB6AAC.jpeg
AF0CB6A7-3027-42C1-A3DF-4B96A2989F8E.jpeg

bigdave03svt

Established Member
yes sir...there on the car now...lol. PO opted to NOT put them on, but had them sitting in his garage (thank God) all boxed up. I think those items look great! Not sure why the original owner didn't put them on.

Sweet! they make the car IMO

WOWOWWOWOW! Does the borla x pipe keep the electric exhaust working?

Yes! its about an hours work and easy to do. It's cheap as well at about $400.00. Its only a mid pipe swap similar to a mustang and it removes the secondary resonators. The main cats are upstream as well as both sets of 02's so there's no senors or wires to play with. its a straight swap, pipe for pipe. There's a noticeable difference in sound but its not obnoxious in any way. Stealth mode is still whisper quiet!

31157945558_5643c42f2b_b.jpg
Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

@bigdave03svt how hard was that front tow hook install?

It's about 30 seconds of work. I got mine form ZL1 add-ons...Very nice piece and it just threads in the factory hole. No mods required to fit

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes, I really held out for a C7ZR1 for a good deal but that's not happening, this year at least! Furthermore, from all my research the ZR1 isn't really THAT much better than a C7Z06. I'm not saying I wouldn't want one...lol...i'm just saying it's hard to justify paying double for a car that doesn't outperform it by double!

My hope is the C7Z06 has depreciated almost as much as it should the next year or two and mine holds decent value.
For sure, putting a procharger kit and beefing up internals will set you back what 20k? If you got the car for around 60, you’re in it around 85ish and a car with more power than a zr1.
That’s why I said the zr1 one is nothing but a beefed up z06 with different bumper/hood/wing. It will be an awesome buy once it goes under 100k. The sweet spot for that will be around 80s. That way I can get one!!! Lol

ArabianOak

Established Member
For sure, putting a procharger kit and beefing up internals will set you back what 20k? If you got the car for around 60, you’re in it around 85ish and a car with more power than a zr1.
That’s why I said the zr1 one is nothing but a beefed up z06 with different bumper/hood/wing. It will be an awesome buy once it goes under 100k. The sweet spot for that will be around 80s. That way I can get one!!! Lol

Do you know if the lt4 has forged internals? I’ve been trying to find that out with no results.

Users who are viewing this thread