Bought a 2010 Roush, haven't seen it yet, delivery tomorrow

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
It's a 2010 Roush "Hammer", which was designed as a sleeper car, where they beefed up the engine/suspension quite a bit but left the exterior pretty plain. It's the last year of the 3V 4.6L motor, which is a somewhat weak motor, but Roush took it apart and installed forged pistons, rods & crank, plus their 2.3 supercharger. It's been upgraded with a fair bit of good stuff, like T56 Magnum XL, McLeod RXT Twin, billet steel flywheel, Moser axles, JLT CAI, cams, etc, etc.

It dynoed 625rwhp, so that's some good snap for 4.6, no doubt. I never did see or drive the car. Bought it from a seller in Georgia. He's a forum member here and just about the nicest guy you could want to ever do business with.

I gotta admit, I'm kinda nervous. I've been buying cars for almost 50 years now and never bought one from afar like this. Delivery truck says it will be here tomorrow.

Some quick pics:
hammer9.jpg

hammer8.jpg

hammer6.jpg

hammer7.jpg

hammer10.jpg

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Great looking car. If its everything you said it is you will be hurting the feelings of many coyote owners out there. Enjoy it, cant wait to see you post your own pics and hopefully some videos.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow,.....what a nice car! 625rwhp?? That's very impressive. I "assume" it's running on 93 octane?
How many of them were made? Good luck and keep us posted.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Got the car! Delivery went well. Car was absolutely filthy (from the truck ride), but it cleaned up nicely, LOL. A few small fixes to work on, but overall a pretty neat ride.

Wow,.....what a nice car! 625rwhp?? That's very impressive. I "assume" it's running on 93 octane?
How many of them were made?
Good luck and keep us posted.

93 + meth kit........
Somewhere around 60 total were made. I am guessing that the whole 'sleeper' thing did not do too well with Roush marketing, thus the very limited production run.

That's gorgeous! Congrats. No doubt it will be the only one in town.

Thanks. This is absolutely the main reason I bought it. I was initially focused on getting a GT500, but there's lots of them around. I wanted something a little different.

Plus, even though I didn't really want a laundry list of mods, every aftermarket part the seller used is the very best.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
You have a bad ass car. My buddy used to have a red one just like yours. Good luck

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Got the car! Delivery went well. Car was absolutely filthy (from the truck ride), but it cleaned up nicely, LOL. A few small fixes to work on, but overall a pretty neat ride.

93 + meth kit........
Somewhere around 60 total were made. I am guessing that the whole 'sleeper' thing did not do too well with Roush marketing, thus the very limited production run.
That's awesome man! Congrats, she's a beauty. Enjoy.
More info on that meth kit please!! Thanks.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Thanks gents. This is a cool car. Haven't really driven it much, as it needs a few things. Hopefully have it all back together soon, and then on July 18 I have an appointment with Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH, where he will tweak the tune so that it passes emissions (my state requires for inspection). Plus I am afraid to really push the car until I confirm that the tune and meth kit and everything else is up to par.

Thanks again. At some point I will post videos, and a few burnouts.....:)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks gents. This is a cool car. Haven't really driven it much, as it needs a few things. Hopefully have it all back together soon, and then on July 18 I have an appointment with Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH, where he will tweak the tune so that it passes emissions (my state requires for inspection). Plus I am afraid to really push the car until I confirm that the tune and meth kit and everything else is up to par.
Thanks again. At some point I will post videos, and a few burnouts.....:)
That's awesome man! Congrats again. On the lookout for updated pics/video.
(I guess Pete is the "go to guy" in New England, huh? Lots of people have used his services.)

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
....(I guess Pete is the "go to guy" in New England, huh? Lots of people have used his services.)

Yeah, Pete seems to be "the man" for Mustang tuning in my area (New England). I have heard numerous Mustang owners refer to him in glowing terms. It's a 3-hour trailering ride but I think it's worth it. Plus I really have no choice. The car failed State Inspection and it seems like Pete is one of the only guys that understands how to turn the monitors back on and get the thing to pass emissions inspection.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, Pete seems to be "the man" for Mustang tuning in my area (New England). I have heard numerous Mustang owners refer to him in glowing terms. It's a 3-hour trailering ride but I think it's worth it. Plus I really have no choice. The car failed State Inspection and it seems like Pete is one of the only guys that understands how to turn the monitors back on and get the thing to pass emissions inspection.
Yeah, that sucks. It's about 1 hour and 35 minute drive for me. You're even more south than I am.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread