Bought A 2001 Cobra...

tms217

Established Member
Well I finally took the jump and traded the 95 SC for a 01 Cobra. Silver Coupe. I love the car. Any Ideas on what the best first mods are?

Terry

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Congrats on the '01. Super nice car. I traded a '99 with a few mods in on an '01. I couldn't stand driving it until I did the three essential mods in my book. Bassani X/P w/cats and catback, 410 gears and Kenny Brown Sport springs. I did my installation myself and with an Abbott ERA for the speedo and a shim kit for the gears, I think total cost was around $1700. For this amount, it will turn a very good car to a great one. I get constant attention everywhere I go especially on the exhaust. It will get the cops attention also :rolling:!!!!!!!!!!!

svtsnake

Established Member
Congrats on the '01. Super nice car. I traded a '99 with a few mods in on an '01. I couldn't stand driving it until I did the three essential mods in my book. Bassani X/P w/cats and catback, 410 gears and Kenny Brown Sport springs. I did my installation myself and with an Abbott ERA for the speedo and a shim kit for the gears, I think total cost was around $1700. For this amount, it will turn a very good car to a great one. I get constant attention everywhere I go especially on the exhaust. It will get the cops attention also !!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds just like my car. I have a yellow vert too. I have the full Bassani exaust too, but without the cats. I am just about to get 4.30 gears, but they are expensive to install. How hard was it to install them yourself, and how much did your 1/4 mile time drop? How much were your KB Springs, and did they lower your ride height at all? I agree that the color and sound draw the cops attention, I pulled out of the local lake, and a stupid park ranger was sitting there. He must of heard my exaust rumble, and my tires made the slightest chirp. Guess what the A**hole does, he pulls me over, and gives me a ticket for exhibition of speed. This is my first stick car, and I had only had it for a week then, so I didn't even mean to chirp the tires. I am gonna fight like hell before I pay the ticket and higher insurance. Luckily I had my top and windows down, or I would have had to take off my tint, and pay an $85 ticket.

tms217

Established Member
price

The local Ford dealership charged me $100 to swap gears in my 95 Tbird SC. Bad thing is for that price I had to drop the rear end. I think the rearends are setup somewhat alike. 8.8 IRS.

Terry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread