Bottoming out

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
I added some 01 leafs bout a couple months ago along with the ce slide a links. Since then I have been having a rough ride. First we found that I was hitting the
bumpstop bracket with the bracket for the links where they clamp on the leafs. Still getting a bottoming out when hitting a hard bump. I do have 2in shackles along with the leafs. I looked under the truck yesterday and found where Im hitting, the frame. seems as the brackets are hitting the framerail before it bottoms out on the bumpstop. I do still have the stock bilsteins, so would adding a set of shocks help me or do I need to try to trim the bracket? Thinking of adding some strange adjustables but am open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
how old are your shocks and what kind are they? did you see anything that might indicate shock failure? i.e, shock oil, broken shock, etc...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Once you get to a certain point, the stock rear sway bar will also hit on the frame.

They will only help for so much drop but did you install the adjustable sway bar end links?

Need more information though..

Shocks?

Total number of inches on drop?

Equipment used?

Pics?

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
i used belltech drop shackles for 2in of drop and then added 01 leafs for the rest which i say is bout 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. shocks on truck are stock bilsteins with 70,000 miles. havnt added any adjustable end links yet, hadnt thought bout that. the frame is hitting the bracket that bolts to the leaf spring clamp for the slide a links. the bracket that at the bottom holds the hind joint. thanks for the replys guys

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Mickey_shouse said:
i used belltech drop shackles for 2in of drop and then added 01 leafs for the rest which i say is bout 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. shocks on truck are stock bilsteins with 70,000 miles. havnt added any adjustable end links yet, hadnt thought bout that. the frame is hitting the bracket that bolts to the leaf spring clamp for the slide a links. the bracket that at the bottom holds the hind joint. thanks for the replys guys

well, shocks typically go to shit at about 50k. id start there bro. i have QA1's and think theyre great. alot of other guys have them too and like them on here.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Mickey_shouse said:

I figured that was it ... PM me your phone number and I will tell you how to fix that problem!

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
thanks martin for the phone call last nite. i tried a lil bit today to bend the bracket in after removing the bolts but have realized i dont have a big enough hammer at the house, so i quit for the day on the project. nice talking to ya last nite. sorry i had to make it short, i was working on a dang tire machine at time and had to see bout getting a dang motor to put on part of it. thanks again.

I'D WIN

Established Member
No need to bend anything... you just want to force the brackets outward as much as possible.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
ahhh i gotcha. i did do that and checked and it still bottomed out a lil bit. took a carbide bit in my die grinder and machined just a lil bit off the bracket where i took the bolts off to give a lil relief and no bottoming out. thanks once again. now if my strange shocks come in tomorrow and i get em installed ill be ready to race sat.

Users who are viewing this thread