boss vs mid 90's eclipse Tokyo drift edition.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
So im out crusing around in the old boss, enjoying the weather and corners on the nice back roads of Mexico. No bottle in the car

As I turn around to make my return trip I'm crusing 55mph i look behind me and all I see is a bodykit, yellow wipers, and a wing... a big wing..... this thing was massive:shrug:

So he's on my bumper waiting for the upcoming passing lane, and he pulls out i turn off traction control

down shift from 6th blip the throttle and into 3rd I roll onto the throttle

I instantly reverse his pull.. i caught a glimpse of them and it looked like this:eek::eek:

At 8000rpm power shift into 4th and shut down on the top of 4th....

I look back..... nothing.... strain my eyes abit ...yup i see him. I was football fields..

I'm shocked really.. i know those dsm's are quick because its the top choice for brian spilner on the documentary The fast and furious. :bored:

I guess he thought i was a v6 because of the faux gas cap?

..... to soon junior........

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Pretty sure it wasn't a dsm, just a regular old eclipse, probably automatic too haha

Poppacapp

Established Member
Pretty sure it wasn't a dsm, just a regular old eclipse, probably automatic too haha

All of the Eclipse/Talons were DSMs. Non turbo, turbo fwd, and turbo awd models. They were turds stock.. but like any other car.. they could be modified to be pretty quick. Axe meh how I know. :banana:

03 deadpool

Established Member
They cant be that fast if you remember spillner had time to do some tuning and send emails while racing terreto ,was that before or after he turned on 1000 shot i cant remember. Good kill like i said every now and then you gotta run the score up.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
So im out crusing around in the old boss, enjoying the weather and corners on the nice back roads of Mexico. No bottle in the car

As I turn around to make my return trip I'm crusing 55mph i look behind me and all I see is a bodykit, yellow wipers, and a wing... a big wing..... this thing was massive:shrug:

So he's on my bumper waiting for the upcoming passing lane, and he pulls out i turn off traction control

down shift from 6th blip the throttle and into 3rd I roll onto the throttle

I instantly reverse his pull.. i caught a glimpse of them and it looked like this:eek::eek:

At 8000rpm power shift into 4th and shut down on the top of 4th....

I look back..... nothing.... strain my eyes abit ...yup i see him. I was football fields..

I'm shocked really.. i know those dsm's are quick because its the top choice for brian spilner on the documentary The fast and furious. :bored:

I guess he thought i was a v6 because of the faux gas cap?

..... to soon junior........

..no way dude...your story can't be real- his name is Brian O'conner. Spilner was his alias. There goes your cred! :lol:

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
HA. The jokes on you... i ran his name and he did two years for being a wheelman....

:coolman:

Tha busta came back for me.....

..no way dude...your story can't be real- his name is Brian O'conner. Spilner was his alias. There goes your cred! :lol:

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
All of the Eclipse/Talons were DSMs. Non turbo, turbo fwd, and turbo awd models. They were turds stock.. but like any other car.. they could be modified to be pretty quick. Axe meh how I know. :banana:

DSM was Mitsu's SVT. They only labeled the turbo models as DSM with a plate on the inside of the engine bay. My cousin was a complete DSM freak so I got to hear about it everytime. And yes, if modified they are monsters. I have seen one toy with a modded new edge GT on the highway. The new edge was full throttle and the eclipse was in 5th just toying with it...until he downshifted

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
DSM was Mitsu's SVT. They only labeled the turbo models as DSM with a plate on the inside of the engine bay. My cousin was a complete DSM freak so I got to hear about it everytime. And yes, if modified they are monsters. I have seen one toy with a modded new edge GT on the highway. The new edge was full throttle and the eclipse was in 5th just toying with it...until he downshifted

Actually DSM was Diamond Star Motors..a Joint venture between Eagle and Mitsubishi to build the Eclipse and Talons on the same assembly line in the US. DSM has nothing to do with performance. They had non turbo 140hp DSMs and up to 210hp AWD/FWD DSM's.

Another note.. like any other car.. they can be modified to be pretty quick.. My 90' AWD Eclipse GSX weighed 3080lbs without me in it by truck scale. Dyno'd 416.8hp to the front wheels(I removed driveshaft to dyno, and had welded center diff in tranny to lockup)..got this running very rich @ 21psi. Ran 24psi at the track(20g turbo). I ran low 11's @123mph with it. Had shifting issues getting into 3rd gear. Sold it to another racer, he fixed the shifting problem and went 10.80's @125mph. Was a little bit of a sleeper, but was also a moneypit. I carried 2 extra rear halfshafts with me to the track because I was snapping them on launches. low 1.5's 60fts average.. best of 1.48. On street tires.

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I have a 97 GS-T Spyder. Did the rebuild deleted the counter balance shaft and improved on a few parts in the motor used a better bigger turbo deleted the recirculation on the turbo and it rips pretty hard I never drive it because I keep seeing them broken down every where but It is a cool car :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread