boss vs mid 90's eclipse Tokyo drift edition.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I have a 97 GS-T Spyder. Did the rebuild deleted the counter balance shaft and improved on a few parts in the motor used a better bigger turbo deleted the recirculation on the turbo and it rips pretty hard I never drive it because I keep seeing them broken down every where but It is a cool car :)

Mine was pretty decent other than the shifting issues..I had a fully built motor by Dave Buschur. Broke 2 shift forks.. also upgraded to the 4 bolt rear axles..broke those. Ended up going with a 94 tranny, and still had shift problems. The guy who bought it from me found the problem..

On the clutch pedal, there is a metal "block" that pushes on the clutch master cylinder pin coming through the firewall. My block on my pedal had a worn spot in it, so on fast balls to the wall shifts, the clutch was not 100% disengaging. He replaced the clutch pedal, and it shifted like butter after that. He ended up building it more with cage, and bigger turbo setup etc and ran 9's with it.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, stock or barely modded, they were junk and slow. Once they did real mods to it and bumped the boost, different story. There was a talon a few years back at the track running 9's.

Poppacapp

Established Member
+1, stock or barely modded, they were junk and slow. Once they did real mods to it and bumped the boost, different story. There was a talon a few years back at the track running 9's.

John Shepherd running 7's. This car could still go get groceries at Walmart.

[youtube_browser]aTJj-YaMdsk[/youtube_browser]

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I am running a spec twin disc I believe in this on I have only put about 60 miles on it. It is pretty stout got a 60 trim. Convertible has a lot of body flex takes getting used to. "sorry for the little thread jack"

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Nice car, but don't be so candid with all DSM's, my buddy built one that would be a run for you on the bottle and a killer from a dig, just a run of the mill 1st gen with a auto and 4 hoosiers.

Good "kill" if we can call it this haha, I had some guy in a lancer...not a evo, just a lancer rev and do what I think was a fly by...

Jroc

Established Member
Can't believe Thomas isn't flooding this thread with posts on DSM facts.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I love me some DSM's. My buddy used to have a VR4 Galant. Car was a straight up sleeper, when he redid his FMIC setup. Before, it was in front of the front bumper lol. After he remounted it behind it, you wouldn't think the car was fast. It was built, Crower 272's, 16g, a lot of other stuff. Car was very quick.

Here's a 2 step video of when it was on the break in tune at 8psi. He ended up selling it though, wish he wouldn't have.
[youtube_browser]yU9SC7-YqLM[/youtube_browser]

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Brian-I had you

Dom-You had me!!!, you never had your car

8yzymude.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Brian-I had you

Dom-You had me!!!, you never had your car

8yzymude.jpg
Correction
Brian - Dude I almost had you!

Dom - You almost had me? You almost had me? You never had me, you never had your car! Granny shifting not double clutching like you should.

A bit sad how I know these lines from memory

blkvenm97

Established Member
Correction
Brian - Dude I almost had you!

Dom - You almost had me? You almost had me? You never had me, you never had your car! Granny shifting not double clutching like you should.

A bit sad how I know these lines from memory

+1 i was thinking the same thing haha. I've seen it a few times myself. Mostly watch it every once in a while when I'm bored so I can point out all the ways the movie doesn't make since and contridicts itself. In the last one (5) Han is back in it and he was killed in tokyo drift. In the newest one that is about to come out Leddy is back and she was killed in the last one. These movies are ok but they really do contridict themselves a lot and they don't make much sense sometimes.

Gravik

Established Member
I instantly reverse his pull.. i caught a glimpse of them and it looked like this:eek::eek:

At 8000rpm power shift into 4th and shut down on the top of 4th....

I look back..... nothing.... strain my eyes abit ...yup i see him. I was football fields..

Lost it there lol. :lol1: :D

Did it look remotely like this? There's a F&F one locally. Non turbo, auto, 4 banger. :xpl:

32zmg5z.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Can't believe Thomas isn't flooding this thread with posts on DSM facts.

Everyone else pretty much covered them already.

usmotox said:
I have a 97 GS-T Spyder. Did the rebuild deleted the counter balance shaft and improved on a few parts in the motor used a better bigger turbo deleted the recirculation on the turbo and it rips pretty hard I never drive it because I keep seeing them broken down every where but It is a cool car

The broken ones are due to owner error.

I daily commuted my 98 GST Spyder from 105k to 140k when I failed as an owner and caused a spun rod bearing due to running it low on oil. Thats it, bought an attarco JDM motor for $1200, swapped all the USDM parts over, dropped it in, running strong now, 185psi compression across all 4, shifted like butter and once I did prothane bushings with new Upper/Lower/Lateral control arms in the front and LCAs in the rear with new Koni Yellows all 4 corners it handled awesome. Think ive probably invested $3-4k in a car I bought for $4k over a 4yr stint. Not bad IMO. Had K&N FIPK, 3" catback and dual stage MBC (10psi low 14psi high w/in-cabin switch) with a 14b swap. It pulled pretty nicely for whats still a pretty dam stock setup.

Next DSM will be a 98 Talon TSI AWD 5spd in Magenta Grey Pearl as well. Done with DSM verts, too much body flex.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
So im out crusing around in the old boss, enjoying the weather and corners on the nice back roads of Mexico. No bottle in the car

As I turn around to make my return trip I'm crusing 55mph i look behind me and all I see is a bodykit, yellow wipers, and a wing... a big wing..... this thing was massive:shrug:

So he's on my bumper waiting for the upcoming passing lane, and he pulls out i turn off traction control

down shift from 6th blip the throttle and into 3rd I roll onto the throttle

I instantly reverse his pull.. i caught a glimpse of them and it looked like this:eek::eek:

At 8000rpm power shift into 4th and shut down on the top of 4th....

I look back..... nothing.... strain my eyes abit ...yup i see him. I was football fields..

I'm shocked really.. i know those dsm's are quick because its the top choice for brian spilner on the documentary The fast and furious. :bored:

I guess he thought i was a v6 because of the faux gas cap?

..... to soon junior........

Best post I have read in a while...Fast and Furious Documentary...too funny..

Users who are viewing this thread