Boss owners: How many keys did you guys get ?

Rusty67

Established Member
I was under the impression I would get 2 regular keys and 1 track key. I only got 1 regular key and 1 track key. Does that sound right to you guys ?

Rusty67

Established Member
Ah, thanx. I think I got confused because I bought the car sight unseen and the sales rep told me that you normally get the track key later but they had ordered it ahead of time. Somehow he made it sound like I would get 2 now and the track key later but no one ever actually said that.

nccstud

Established Member
Ah, thanx. I think I got confused because I bought the car sight unseen and the sales rep told me that you normally get the track key later but they had ordered it ahead of time. Somehow he made it sound like I would get 2 now and the track key later but no one ever actually said that.

You get both keys, but the red key doesn't actually do anything different until they order the package from Ford Racing and install it for your car.

Philcsag1

Established Member
I was under the impression I would get 2 regular keys and 1 track key. I only got 1 regular key and 1 track key. Does that sound right to you guys ?

I am with you, once the track key is programmed, you do not have a spare key for the car.

Now to go and see how much a spare cost cut and programmed.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
If you are just looking for a backup the below link is your guy. I had Lowe's cut the key for free and had no issues programming it. You need two keys to program an extra. If you only have two keys and lose one you'll need to go to the dealer to have a new key programmed. I programmed my new key as a valet key with 80 MPH limit, low volume on the radio, and no disabling of the TC.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

oldmodman

Established Member
Just make sure that you buy at least two spares. Program them right away.

And put your two original factory keys away where you will never lose them.

The dealer will REALLY bend you over if you lose both your original keys and need them reprogrammed and replaced.

Rusty67

Established Member
I bet they charge more for the Boss key just because it says Boss on it. I bet they charge even more for a replacement track key. We should be able to buy the standard Mustang key and program that as a spare.

I have no idea how you would do this for a track key tho.

Users who are viewing this thread