Boss Mustang LS rear seat delete in the GT500??

Myfast70

Established Member
Just wondering the possibility of using the rear seat delete setup that the Laguna Seca uses in the Shelby. I don't ever have anyone in the back seats and wouldn't mind the looks or putting the car on a slight diet. Besides, I really like the looks of the cross brace over the seats.

I haven't looked into it but does anyone know if there is a FORD part number for the seat delete and brace kit??

Has anyone else thought of doing this or seen it done to a Shelby?

Thanks for the input!

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Chris! Had started looking into it. Not sure what he found out. Seem to remember $3,000+ and that the crossbar was bolted in not welded and prob wasn't worth the cost.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I did- even at cost it didn't make financial sense for something that doesn't even do a whole lot. :-/

AMB

Established Member
Rear Seat Delete

I believe someone said that it is the same as one from the convertiable, just painted??? :??:

Formula51

Established Member
I have not seen the details of how the x-brace mounts, but keep in mind that just because it is bolted does not mean it "doesn't do a whole lot". Remember that most structural steel connections that hold up bridges and buildings during earthquakes are bolted!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
"doesn't do a whole lot". !

For the money it costs it "doesnt do a whole lot." I'd much rather pay the same amount and have a cage put in the car. I was just giving my opinion after researching it- and for me my money is better spent elsewhere

Last edited:

2Sharpie

Established Member
Rear seat delete is right around $2K for the parts.........got that from Tousley. I love the idea of doing it to.....

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Rear seat delete is right around $2K for the parts.........got that from Tousley. I love the idea of doing it to.....

Yea I think it was $2300- then another $100-$200 to paint the bars same color as car- and install

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If FRPP could bring the brace and molded tray section to market for a reasonable price I'm quite sure many would take advantage of the opportunity. Tastefully painted, the LS brace would be right at home inside most any GT500.

_________________boss12_l02.jpg

The welded tube and plate assembly appears to be designed to reduce flex in a plane perpendicular to the S197 longitudinal axis. How effective it is as a percentage increase of the same chassis without it would certainly be of interest. It certainly can't hurt.

KGrHqRjIE5eKtBB9BOfhjPOv_12-1.jpg

In the end, it looks like 'Legal' played a part in ensuring that prices stay high to possibly discourage retrofit...

KGrHqZlIE5cpHfnzIBOfhjYhqtw_12.jpg

Myfast70

Established Member
The only reason I really want it is to eliminate the seats. I'm sure the braces wont make a difference in "the seat of the pants" feel.

There is a brace similar to this that comes with Buick GNX or you can buy for the GN too.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Ford should have made this an option if you got the Recaro's. The back seat just simply does not go with the rest of the interior when you get them...

Users who are viewing this thread