Boss heads vs ported coyote heads

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For the cams I was thinking either comp stage 3's. not 100% sure on the cams yet. Exhaust is pypes long tubes, pypes orx, stock over axle pipes, bassani axle back. Intake is a boss manifold that will be getting port work while it is off. Stock throttle body and a JLT intake.

Stock compression ratio? Or are you looking to bump the compression ratio?

pufferfish

Established Member
from what I understand, stage 1-3 all work with stock gt longblocks. max lift is 12.5mm, which is less than stock boss exhaust cams.

pufferfish

Established Member
just a thought, but the boss engine did away with the squirters due to the high rpm windage they created. getting rid of the squirters meant upgrading the hyperteuctic pistons to forged. I believe the higher pistons speeds and cylinder pressures at high rpm were also a factor in the change to forged. it seems to me, big cams and high flowing heads are going to need serious rpm to make both of them useful.

it is my understanding that the squirters not only create windage, but increase blowby at high rpm's? someone in the engine world want to step in for a ruling?

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
just a thought, but the boss engine did away with the squirters due to the high rpm windage they created. getting rid of the squirters meant upgrading the hyperteuctic pistons to forged. I believe the higher pistons speeds and cylinder pressures at high rpm were also a factor in the change to forged. it seems to me, big cams and high flowing heads are going to need serious rpm to make both of them useful.

it is my understanding that the squirters not only create windage, but increase blowby at high rpm's? someone in the engine world want to step in for a ruling?

It's of my understanding the 13 and 14 gt's don't have the squirters but still have the hyper/cast pistons?

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
What are your goals for your vehicle MBA? Are you looking for a certain ET? HP and TQ? If you give me a little more information I would be glad to go over the best options for you sir! Look forward to hearing from you! -Chris

What about for a beastly street car? If I decide to stay n/a my plan is boss mani, boss rotating assembly (stock compression), oil squirter delete, billet oil pump, ported gt heads, full exhaust, and custom grind cams. Car would mostly be run on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread